1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ARGH!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by S1nC3, Dec 11, 2004.

1. S1nC3

S1nC3 Member

Just my luck to be stuck with this issue... every time i try encoding just about anything to MPEG 2 (higher bitrate MPEG 2, DivX, MPEG1...) The audio always, always drifts out of sync. This is kind of bugging me seeing as how i really ahve no ideas on how to fix this. Sorry if this is a redundant thread guys, but i would most appreciate a solution to this issue. Thanks in advance.

2. shiroh

shiroh Guest

the problem is not the video but the audio.
    it could be that the audio is in variable bitrate. and the header is written back to cbr, like virtualdub does.

or it cold be you speed up the frame rate of the video, ie like in pal >ntsc conversion. so you must speed up the audio too.

3. S1nC3

S1nC3 Member

hmm so basically just encode from the start in CBR, and that should solve it?

4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

umm, not exactly.

get me some info for the video.

for audio. i usually get virtualdubmod, which handle vbr a bit better.
    don't rewrite the header. then under streams i demux it. next use an audio converter such as dbpoweramp to decode it to wav.
    then i check the playback with the video before continuing

5. S1nC3

S1nC3 Member

Well first off the source video is 720x480, 6000 KB/s, 224 KB/s MPEG2 audio. The other files in question (which exhibited the WORST audio drift i've ever seen) were DivX. Not sure on their vitals mind you.