1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ARGHH - Need Desperate PSP Help

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Pieisgood, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Pieisgood

Pieisgood Guest

OK so i wanted to get the new Star Wars on my PSP as an iso/cso to play. After getting it, my PSP refused to play it. It came up with the PSP sign, like it happens with all games, then came up with the message "This game could not be played" or something like that with a code (800?????? or something like that).

So to fix this problem I changed the custom firmware on my PSP from 3.10 to 3.40 OE.A. After successfully getting this i tried Star Wars again. This time it comes up with the PSP sign again then turns to black. The PSP doesn't shut off, it just stays in the black mode. Even when I switch it off, its still in the black status when its back on. To get out of it all i have to do is click the home button and go return to the main menu, like you would with any other game.

Now what the hell is going on?? What do i need to do to be able to play Star Wars on PSP. Any help would be much appreciated!!

2. Pieisgood

Pieisgood Guest

OK apprentaly, this happens for a lot of people, as i have just found out looking in some other forums posts

Now i am sure i need to upgrade to 3.52 m33-4 to play it. Does anyone have a place where i can get this??

3. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

4. Pieisgood

Pieisgood Guest

AAAARRRGGGHHH SO PISSED OFF!!!

I upgraded to 3.52 M33-4 and it STILL doesn't work. Only this time it comes up with the message "The game could not be started. (80010002)"

Does anyone know anything i can possible do to fix this infernal machine so it plays Star Wars!!

Note: I have already changed the driver to Sony NP9660

5. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

boot into the recovery menu scroll down to umd mode press X till m33 driver no umd comes up and then try ur game

6. Pieisgood

Pieisgood Guest

Where do i stick the cso file, because it isn't showing where its meant to

7. Pieisgood

Pieisgood Guest

ATM its in the ISO folder in my PSP root

Soz for the two posts :D

8. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

that's where it goes

9. Pieisgood

Pieisgood Guest

OH WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its working!!! It wouldn't recognize it because of the file name!

Thank you for all fof your much useful help!!!

WOOT!!!!!

10. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

no problem