1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Argon, D2C Key, or D2Pro which one has more future?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by kritvichu, Feb 18, 2008.

1. kritvichu

kritvichu Member

I just bough a Wii and it said to be D2C. I am thinking to mod it but there are lots of selection out there; Argon, D2C, and new coming D2Pro. I have no idea which is better compared to the others. Based on my research from many websites, it seems like D2C Key is the most popular because of the successor of Wiikey. Nevertheless, my local mod chip professional offers only Argon. I am still doubtful about the seccessful of this product compared to the other two in the long run. Plus, I heard a new mod chip, D2Pro, will be launched in the market so soon. I can't decide which one I should go for. I don't want to make a rush decision to buy one and find out it is out of the market and no guarantee of support in the long run. Any suggests?

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I have an ARGON myself.

The Infectus team is a reputable team that has produced other Modchips for PS2/Xbox 360 and are putting in the time to make the Infectus 2/ARGON as best as it can be.

They have already released 5 updates for it which has fixed Wii backup issues which now play perfectly fine. Some might think 5 updates are allot but the updates have come in a months time and shows that the Infectus team is standing behind their product and is trying to make the Modchip as best as it can be.

The issue now with the ARGON is GameCube support. With the release of the 1.5 beta update they have gained allot on the Game Cube support side of it. There is still issues but they have promised a final 1.5 update by next week.

They also claim that sometime in March something big is going to be released. They claim it will bring allot of users to the Infectus 2/ARGON and even bring other Modchip owners to them by trading their other Modchip in for a Infectus 2/ARGON.

D2CKey and D2Pro team does have a slight advantage over the Infectus team due to they already have the code that needs to be run on the Modchips. The D2Pro is pretty much a third Gen Modchip so it probably wasn't hard for the team to implement the code to it. Where the Infectus team is just gaining knowledge and have gained allot since the release of the ARGON and are writing the code from the bottom up. I have a feeling the Infectus team is going to go beyond what the D2CKey and D2Pro team can do.

Tho D2CKey pretty much is stable and has allot of followers but has not been proven to be upgradeable. So if Nintendo brings out a new firmware update that D2CKey can not handle then you could possibly have a Modchip that can not be reprogrammed to work with the new firmware.

D2Pro is by the same makers as D2Ckey which claims it has all the features as the D2CKey and is upgradeable. But at this time the D2Pro has no programmer where as the ARGON does.

So I guess what I will suggest is getting a ARGON or D2Pro Modchip. It seems that these Modchips are the future and require less wires then the D2Ckey plus are upgradeable.

The ARGON already has a programer released so you will want to buy the programer as well if you get an ARGON.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  3. nicolasf

nicolasf Member

I support Argon.
    I had bought a D2Ckey, and changed to Argon.
    Now I using argon 1.4, it's stable and upgradable( I have the programmer).
    Though Argon had some freezing problems before 1.3 fw, the team behind this product is working hard on it. Newly 1.5fw is coming out fixing more problems. And now it's good, and it's believed that if in future Nintenno doing something against modchips, the programmer is a valubale weapon to react.

4. spyman

spyman Regular member

I am with the D2PRO, so far its had no problems doing just what its stated. theyve had the past experience with the wii's specifically so they know what theyre doing. The programmer is in the works but at the moment there isnt even a need for it. Why spend more $ on something if its not needed? The Argon has constantly been buggy so the updates have been needed, hopefully the latest 1.6 firmware finally fixed the problems, but still a pain in the ass to have had to go through it all. As an installer I'll be carry both options for my customers but those that ask my advice I advise the d2pro.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  5. phat1

phat1 Member

Hi just looking for advice,i have ordered a d2pro,should be here next week,what do i need to do to get it to work on my wii just get it fitted by someone in the know how and download and copy the games? Do i need anything else? any advice will be greatful

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Should have ordered ARGON or Infectus 2. They have a 9+1 wire install now plus it supports DMS/D2A/D2B and have implemented a DVD upgrade option. Plus they have proven to be a great modchip team with past modchips for other systems.

I would never trust D2Pro since they pretty much seem to have abandon the Wiikey (users having issues with DL SSBB). Just shows it takes them a while to get those updates out. Who knows if the Wiikey will ever be updated to fix the DL SSBB retail issue.

Anyway you can get the instillation diagram from there official sire. www.d2pro.com

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008