1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Argon D2C w/ No Soldering Experience

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by zorc2o9, Jan 23, 2008.

1. zorc2o9

zorc2o9 Member

I was wondering if I should try to install an Argon D2C chip myself. Yes, most of you would probably say take it to a pro, but I want to save money and do it myself. Now my question: How long should I practice soldering by myself to successfully install the chip.

And if i have to give it to someone else to install it, where can I get it modded in Stockton, CA. Thanks in advance!

2. ferdyjmg

ferdyjmg Regular member

You wont save any money when you fry your drive and kill a new $250 wii and the price of a chip.

3. zorc2o9

zorc2o9 Member

yeah, youre right. guess ill fing someone to do it for me.

4. XboxHazE

XboxHazE Guest

I had soldered for years and my first D2C was very difficult.
    The problem with the D2C is having to solder the wire so close together and keep them from touching. It takes lots of practice to get it down. Even with the argon being 13 wires there are still many right next to each other. So if you don't want to mess something up send it off.

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Theres always the alternate soldering spots for the ARGON.

HERE is a nice guide. The method I am talking about is toward the bottom and is installed on the back of the Wii Board.

There are 2 sets of attentive spots on the back and are all radial spots so you can actually spread out the soldering pretty good.

Im high;y thinking if doing this install myself and am plaining on doing the GREEN: F C E I B R and the ORANGE: A H D G RST

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  6. Jax

Jax Member

Man just practice. You can do it. I had no solder experience and installed my argon without a hitch. I practiced on a modem with a smaller chip for about 2 weeks.
    There are 3 ways to install this chip. The original...The vias on the bottom...or the mis-a-leg install. I opted for the mis-a-leg install directly on the chip legs. It was easy...dont be scared