1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Argon / Infectus Install Questions

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by tommibear, Jan 18, 2008.

1. tommibear

tommibear Member

I recently ordered an "Argon" chip from www.modchipcentral.com.

I was reviewing the "install diagrams" from their website and had a couple of questions that I hope someone out there can assist me with before I make my Wii into an expensive paperweight.

(1) What is the difference between the Argon and Infectus Chip? I thought they were the same, but I notice one used the 3.3 VCC and the other had a 5 VCC?

(2) On modchipcentral's install diagrams, it states to use the 5 VCC contact point for the Argon chip? Most other sites states that on the Argon chip, you should use the 3.3 VCC.

(3) I heard that the Infectus crew is releasing an update to solve the video freezing problem on their chip this coming Sunday/Monday, should I wait for the update before installing the chip into my Wii?

Thanks!

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

HERE is a nice wire diagram for both top board install and bottom board install. They say to solder the Argon to 3v as well as most other places I have seen.

As for the update. You will need to buy the program to install the update which is supposed to come out the same day the update comes out.

Did you get the ribbon cable with the Modchip that installs to the chip then runs outside the Wii for external updates? If so then install the Modchip with the ribbon cable. After you buy the program and get the update all you have to do is hook it to the ribbon cable.

I am waiting for the programer to come out before I order from ModCenteral.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  3. BenderG

BenderG Member