1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arita Purple Top Dvd-r 4x also Dvd+r

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by ccc's, Nov 11, 2003.

1. ccc's

ccc's Guest

Hi
    Just joined today
    Hope some may be able to help.
    I'm tempted to buy a large amount of arita purple top dvd-r 4x and also the dvd+ 4x dvd.
    Having sampled the arita green top [sorry for the vague descriptions] with total satisfaction from my customers, I was wondering how these discs fair in comparison.
    I understand they are classed as "C" grade, and would welcome any help, or comments good or bad prior to purchasing.
    Thanks In Advance
    Sandra

2. koola

koola Guest

C = SHIT!
    B = CRAP
    A = GOOD

Don't bother unless you wanna make a coaster tower or sell frisbies.

3. ccc's

ccc's Guest

Thanks Koola.
    Also need to amend my original message it is only the DVD-R that are not A grade the DVD+ are.
    Cheers
    Sandra

4. antons

antons Member

I'm using the Arita green topped -R (4x, from Ritek) I think the pruple topped disk are from Richo -> less quality... Hmm..

5. fallen_br

fallen_br Member

Ricoh only puts its name on +R media.
    And they're made by Ritek anyway...

6. ash010673

ash010673 Member

I recently bought Arita purples 25 for £25 which seemed and excellent price until using them .Out of the 25 I have made 15 coasters out of 20 and even the 5 that have worked get alittle pixelated towards the end !! I have also used imation disks with alot more sucess (£2 each) . I haven't found a coaster free make yet and suspect I never will but the Imation seems to give me an 8 out of 10 sucess rate.Using Nero6 and DVD shrink

7. TL0

TL0 Member

ash010673:

No need to be spending £2 a disc, especially for rubbish like the CMC-made imations, you can get Ritek G04-dye discs or MCC Verbatim discs for less than what your paying for those imations. Both are good discs with v.low dud disc percentages.

8. ash010673

ash010673 Member

Thanks TLO ,
    Do you know a decent uk supplier for Ritek G04's or Verbatiums ? So tired of coasters !

9. TL0

TL0 Member