1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ARMAX / Swap Magic CD don't work in V9 PS2's?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mors, Dec 7, 2003.

1. mors

mors Member

Hi Guys:

I need some help. A few days ago I bought the Swap Magic 2.0 set /w flip-top and the DVD disc works perfectly, but my CD disc will not boot up at all. I get the PS2 red screen saying to insert a Playstation disc. Then today, I purchased the Action Replay MAX and that CD will not boot up either and gives me PS2 red screen. When I put in a regular PS2 CD it works fine. All the DVD discs, including Swap Magic 2.0 DVD works perfectly.

My conclusion that I've come to is that the new Playstation 2's models (Version 9 - 50001) will NOT play third party, non-licensed CD's.

Does anyone know anything about this and is there any way that I can use these devices on my V9 PS2?

Thanks.

2. mors

mors Member

Has anyone experienced this on a V9 PS2?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

3. mors

mors Member

For anyone interested in this, I contacted Datel today about the Action Replay MAX. Apparently the discs you buy at the store will not work in version 9+. If you have a problem with the disc, you need to call them and they will send you an updated disc that will work in V9+.

Still no news found about the Swap Magic 2.0 CD, but I'm assuming it's the same thing. It's not burnt/coded correctly to play in V9+ because of Sony changing the code yet again, etc.

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

you are correct the v9 ps2 wont load swap magic 2 cd boot disc but the dvd disc still works.i'm afraid you will have to wait till they release swap magic 3 in full as only the cd version is avalible at this moment and thats only for pal users