1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Armored Core 4 Will Not Backup

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Brewgod23, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Brewgod23

Brewgod23 Regular member

I am having trouble backing up my Armored Core 4 xbox 360 game. I am using xbox creator 2.5. Please help

2. Brewgod23

Brewgod23 Regular member

I tried reading Armored Core 4 with xbox box creator 2.5 build 0230 and it stops reading about 50% through. I tried with Schtrom 360Xtract V3.2 and it created a .iso and .dvd file. I tried to burn with ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 and it stopped burning a 51% through. What have other people make their backup copy with? What is the process for backing up Armored Core 4? Am I the only person having trouble?

3. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

make sure the disc is clean and scratch free.
    if that doesnt work and uve manged to burn the .iso and .dvd then just using xbox back up cretor burn the .dvd file the only file u need to select when burning a game the smaller of the files
    if that hasnt worked for u then u need to use the same process as startrek and crackdown
    1. put ur game into the sammy dvd rom on ur pc and open up iso buster
    and right click on the dvd next press on the bit that says clickfromto and save the file as .iso to ur hardrive once that is done close out of iso buster

2.next open up xbox backup creator AND CLICK ON DRIVE TOOLS and click on unlock drive do it two or 3times it will state the drive is unlocked but doesnt matter do it twice,

3. on the first screen u see click on (CURRENT PARTITION), IT IS ALWAYS SET ON (COMPLETE BACK UP) change it to current partition by clicking on current partition and then click on IMAGE TOOLS extract the ss and pfi and dmi and save it to the same folder as the.iso u created earlier on using iso buster
    (note the ss and pfi and dmi file will get done in an instant) u need to do each one well some u only really need the ss but do all 3

4. now with everything in one folder ur .iso ur ss pfi and dmi in one folder you can use the iso builer that come in garyopa 2.3 extreme firmware package or

use ssmerger and load up all the files in there starting with the .iso which needs to be the full .iso otherwise it wont work
    load up the ss pfi and dmi into ss merger so all 4 are selected and hit merge this will take some time but just leave it
    ONCE THIS IS DONE IT WILL TELL YOU AND IF YOU LOOK IN THE FOLER UR.ISO FOLDER YOU WILL SEE ALLTHE SS AND PFI AND DMI AND .ISO IN THERE +ANOTHER FILE .DVD THIS IS THE FILE U NEED TO BURN USING IMGBURN
    LOAD UP THE .DVD FILE INTO IMAGE BURN SET UR WRITE SPEED TO 2.4X AND LET IT BURN UR GAME SHOULD NOW WORK ON UR XBOX

isued this method to back up advanced warfighter1had a problem with back up creator

ur game should now work
    sorry ive had to rush this abit short on time but read around and u will get some proper step by step guides with pictures to help u if what i have writen doesnt help or confuses u i apologise again as i have rushed it

4. Brewgod23

Brewgod23 Regular member

I took my game back to the store and exchanged for another new one and it backed up without problems. I guess the game had something wrong. It seemed to play ok but I could not back it up. Strange. Thanks anyway immy_2k.

5. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

lol glad u did back it up mate i did say that the game being dirty can also cause problems thats the 1st step clean the disc nd make sure its scratch free even though itwill play in xbox 360 u wont b able to back it up most the time
    anyway mate the guide i wrote quickly was if u have tried everything and it still doesnt work