1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arrested Development, DOH!

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Kennysch, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Kennysch

Kennysch Member

Well I ran into my first problem with dvd ripping/burning. I did it with just DVD Shrink and thought it went fine, but when I put it in the dvd player the menu was messed up and just blank with just the checkmark. I could use the menu to play it but couldn't return to the menu.

So somewhere there is some copyright crap that screwed up the ripping. I tried DVD Decrypter file mode, that didn't work either, problem when trying to open with DVD Shrink. I tried Decrypter iso and that didn't work.

Anyone know what I need to do?

Thanks.

2. Illusenia

Illusenia Member

I did all 3 seasons and nothing much copy protection wise.

What happened with decrypter in iso or file mode when using shrink - error message?

Try DVDFab Decrypter.
    Rip with that then open the movies in Shrink.

3. Kennysch

Kennysch Member

after ripping with decrypter and thinking everything was fine, shrink wouldn't open it up...it would encounter an error "failed to read file...VTS_05_0.VOB invalid access to memory location" and also with another rip of it "Programming error - exception occured".

So it seemed I had it ripped fine but I didn't with decrypter I guess. Even though Shrink seemed fine with it and but there is no menu.

4. Illusenia

Illusenia Member

Try DVDFab Decrypter.
    Hopefully that will do it.

5. Kennysch

Kennysch Member

negative.

it seemed to rip fine but when I tried opening it with dvd Shrink I got an error.

6. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

@Kennysch,

all u have to do is run the ripped files thru VobBlanker or fixvts before using shrink.

Here is a full guide for DVDFab+VOBB+shrink+imgburn
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/334154

Here is a guide just for VOBblanker
    http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/Guides/alkohol_guide6.html

just follow this guide(or skip down to the VobBlanker part in the full guide above) than use shrink and open the folder created by VOBblanker

also if u use VoBblanker and r planing on doing the new sony movies u have to use the beta version which u can get HERE

7. Kennysch

Kennysch Member

I believe I have pinpointed the problem. The error comes when DVD Shrink tries to process VTS_05_0.VOB. It seems to be the menu. It is all green glitchy and causes the error invalid access to memory location. Not sure why it's having these crazy problems though.

8. Kennysch

Kennysch Member

Let me also say, that file was for disc one of season two, for disc two it was 03 that was the menu and had the problem. When I tried seeing it in VobBlanker it would cause the program to crash. So it's something about ripping the menu for it. Not sure what to do :(

I also tried just deleting the cautions in VobBlanker then processing and after it got done it still had the problem with the menu and in shrink would have the error loading...

Just tried playing the file with PowerDVD and sure enough 15 sec in to showing the menu(which is all green flaky) it causes it to crash...

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  9. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

10. Kennysch

Kennysch Member

bowler, the version isn't the problem, it's the DVD in the player the menu is messed up and crashes whenever I try to play it. Let me check the 3rd disc.

yup, 3rd disc does same thing...

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007