1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

as far as ive seen, this is a new question to this site about swap discs

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ookamijin, Sep 16, 2004.

1. ookamijin

ookamijin Member

i remember a while back, my friend had an un-modded ps1 (i think there was no mod) and he did a trick where he switched between a legitimate ps disc and his backup disc. he did this about five times through the course of the loading screens and it eventually played the backup. maybe with the slide card, this wouldn't work, because of the speed needed to execute, and perhapse it would fail due to technological advancement, but maybe with a fliptop and a little luck... if anybody has information, i would like to hear from them.

2. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

that is why somebody out there invented swap magic discs. =)

3. ookamijin

ookamijin Member

so it can't be done? as is my understanding a swap disc is a playstation formatted disc that stops loading at a certain point and allows you to insert a backup disc, couldn't you make due with any other playstation cd?

4. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

If you have the demo disk that came with v3 consoles you can use that to trick your PS2 and boot up cdloader to play your backups.
    cdloader is designed to work with that particular demo disk.
    using the slidecard you can quickly swap the disk while its spinning.

about the PS1, the first few models of PS1 didnt need any kind of mod or swap disk/trick to play backups as there was no copy protection on those consoles.