1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AS@Level5, nothing else?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Mueerto, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Mueerto

Mueerto Member

Well I wanted to encode my DVD backup to avi..So I downloaded Gordian Knot 0.33.0 and xvid codecs,.... I all GKnot 0.32.0 ILLUSTRATED GUIDE and It said to use "Simple @ LO" so i did. I wen and set every thing else ect...I been encoding some movie to 1 avi and every looks good....But when I want to encode to 2 disc using Gknot the just half and half of the other disk look sweet.But then it getts all blocky.

So http://www.gromkov.com/faq/conversion/xvid_options.html says that I should only use AS@Level5 and nothing else..I all so read other site that say the same thing..Whats going on????Are my setting messed up or some thing?Is this why my second half looks duck up?

IF so what can I do to fix this problem and get on my way to encoding more backups. thanks...
    p.s I encoding the movie SEABISCUIT twice one with turbo and the other without turbo and the same...

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

The suggested resolution for AS @ L0 is 177x120/144. AS @ L3 is 352x240/288 (VCD) and AS @ L5 is 720x480/576 (DVD). Did you press the 'more' buttons when you configured the codec?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005