1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As noob as could be I think. Please help.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by olthetime, Jun 14, 2007.

1. olthetime

olthetime Member

I have a psp 1.5 and a friend put fastloader on for me and i have downloaded a couple of things but dont know how to get them from utorrent to play in my psp. I also just read that if you download firmware 3.03 oe-a you should get rid of fastloader. Is this dafferent to upgrading your psp like the modern off the shelf games prompt you too when you put in the umd.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

2. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

yeah,better to have custom firmware-no need for loaders..try 3.40OE-a, (look for a winstaller-it takes about 2 minutes to upgrade from 1.5) that is the latest offering..loading games on custom FW is easy,just drop your iso or cso into the ISO folder-and select from the game menu on your PSP-of course you still need a game in the UMD drive to play backup games...
    You should research further so you have a better understanding of the upgrade process..you would be upgrading to a custom FW, not official sony FW

3. olthetime

olthetime Member

Thanks for the help.

Sucks to be new at this.

I think i have found a couple of those winstallers that you mention, one from psp-hacks.com and the other from igizmore.blogspot.com, but i think they might well be the same program and dont know which, if any, to use. Their by Team Reign. Are these the things that you mean, where you just plug into the usb and click install? Seems real simple so what do i need to be aware of? Trying desperately not to rush into this.

4. snypeshot

snypeshot Member

just make sure your power cord is in -- and do NOT remove it while it upgrades. if you need some help, check out this site. This is the guy that actually developed the firmware, theres some info there.

5. olthetime

olthetime Member

Thanks for the help.

Sucks to be new at this.

I think i have found a couple of those winstallers that you mention, one from psp-hacks.com and the other from igizmore.blogspot.com, but i think they might well be the same program and dont know which, if any, to use. Their by Team Reign. Are these the things that you mean, where you just plug into the usb and click install? Seems real simple so what do i need to be aware of? Trying desperately not to rush into this.

6. snypeshot

snypeshot Member

why are you bumping i answered it for you?

7. olthetime

olthetime Member

sorry that was an accident. My pc is f'ed big time.

By the way i think that i have an japan version because my o button is select. Does this affect the process at all. Thanks again.

8. olthetime

olthetime Member

A friend just told me that he runs downloaded iso's on his 3.40 psp firmware not the custom stuff. Is he mistaken here or what?