1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ashame of the people...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by drakex, Oct 26, 2007.

1. drakex

drakex Regular member

I am really ashamed of what the HARD work of Dark Alex and the M33-team... have you gone to EBAY and searched pandora battery? MAN Dark Alex should sue them or Sony should do something about Ebay sellers doing that, Pandora and the software is a FREE software for all to use, not for them to sell, I know a lot of people have problems getting the battery and the memory, but common!

2. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

It would be fair to sell them on ebay if they were at cost price but ive seen one go for £50

3. Ike14

Ike14 Member

Fanjita, Noobz, D.A., M33...and everyone else knew as soon as Pandora came out that that shits going on eBay...
    It was inevitable...

4. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

You know they're kind of all the same people?

Fanjita is part of Noobz, Noobz is basically most of Team C + D which has Dark_AleX in, who's new alias is M33... :)

5. Ike14

Ike14 Member

Nah I didn't really know that...
    I knew D.A. was a part of M33 but I don't really pay attention to who's who and all that...
    I just know the PSP legends by name...

6. djhummb

djhummb Member

well i was 1 looking into the ebay purchase. and i did think it was kind of pricey. but is it that easy to (being not so upgrade/downgrade savy) to do this on your own? as for making a pandora battery and memory stick? and what type of battery and memory stick do i need to purchase? as for as brand/size to make them? because i can/will do it on my own i just dont know anyone with a psp much less cfw. so thats y i was taking that route.

7. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

To be honest, for you it would be easier to buy one from ebay as you dont know anyone with a CFW enabled PSP unless you have the correct firmware.

What firmware are you currently running on?

There are easy installers for this software but as you have read, you need 1.50 or CFW on a PSP to make the battery.

The memory stick needs to be at least 256MB and the battery needs to be your original PSP battery (You can change back to a normal battery afterwards)

There is always the option of hardmodding the battery but its not recommended to newbies at soldering and you will need to either purchase a new battery afterwards or resolder the wire.

8. djhummb

djhummb Member

i have fw v 3.51. thats why i was looking into the ebay way out. and let me get this straight, i'm converting my original battery into the pandora? i cant buy another battery and convert that one into the pandora and then go back to my original battery?

9. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

You can't convert it, you'd need a CFW PSP to do that. You could ahrd mod it if you can solder, but that's the only other way.

10. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

What firmware are you currently running on? There is possibly a downgrader out so you wont need Pandora's battery + Jigkick

You can buy a new battery and change that one to a Pandora but it MUST be a GENUINE ORIGINAL battery as the "genuine" batteries on ebay and amazon are fake.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
  11. djhummb

djhummb Member

okay thanks you guys. you have been soo helpful. basically i'm shiat outta luck since i have no one w/custom fw, and my psp is the lame 3.51 version. and that basically means i have to purchase a $65+ battery/magic memory stick combo on ebay. awww man.

12. djhummb

djhummb Member

okay so i was looking into this further. and see that the magic stick/pandora battery combo installs the cfw m33-3.71-2 software. is that going to limit me to what i can download/play/view on my psp? seeing as it has never been customized what will my limits be with this cfw?

13. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Limits with 3.72 M33-2... you can do pretty much anything, a couple of PRXs don't work, but dont worry about that. With 3.71 M33-2 you're thinking of the Universal Unbricker. Normal Pandora Batteries install 1.50.

14. djhummb

djhummb Member

wait so you're saying i should just get the pandora battery? i dont need the magic memory stick? the seller says it (memory stick) has M33-3.71-2 CFW ready to install. how will i install the cfw then if this is only a universal unbricker? ohh no. now i'm confused all over again.

15. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Tha Pandora Battery = Service mode battery + Card with 1.50

The Universal Unbricker = Service mode battery + Card with 3.71 M33-2

16. djhummb

djhummb Member

oh my geez. why is this so hard to understand.once again thanks for having patience w/ me because i know i'm driving you guys crazy. lol am i allowed to post the link to the ebay auction on here so that you guys can see what i'm talking about? i really just want to know how to make my psp have custom fw so i can start downloading stuff to it. and now its sounding like this magic Card with 3.71 M33-2
    is just an unbricker and doesnt install custom fw. auuughhh.

17. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

PM me the link, not sure if you are allowed to post links, best be safe :)

18. djhummb

djhummb Member

sent

19. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Yeah, you can post links-just not direct links to pirated material...

I do agree it sucks that people are capitalizing on the hard work of D_A and crew, but if you think about it and break it down...
    How much would you pay for a battery that has not been modified from a retail store?? Around $40 last time I checked....And a memory stick? 512MB's go for around $20-30 retail...If you do some quick math, you are looking at around $60-$70 for a new battery, and new memory stick both of which have not been modified...

SO, for people that have no access to a psp with cfw, or are just lazy-The ebay route is the way to go...The only problem with eBay, and buying one of those pandora packages, is that you could be getting a spent battery, and a fake memory stick....Buyer beware!

20. djhummb

djhummb Member

cool. well here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Pandora-Battery...180132681QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330180132681

and after emailing/contacting the seller this is what he told me:

Hey There,

The magic memory stick is used to update your PSP to M33 3.71-2 custom firmware. You can use it as a spare memory stick afterwards and it will still function as long as you do not delete the files that came with the memory stick. To answer your question, after the initial CFW install you're free to use your 4GB memory stick as you please. Thanks for you question and let me know if you need any more clarification!