1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask all of your PSP 1.5- devhook questions and ISO problems here!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by chaosnova, Feb 22, 2007.

1. chaosnova

chaosnova Guest

Hello everyone! I just made this thread to simplify a few of the problems newcomers to the PSP are having. I can help people with devhook and version 1.5, and that's all in that category.

As for ISOs, I have a plethora of info on stuff that comes under such a category (compression, how to put it on you psp, and what it all means).

Ask away! :)

2. kas9876

kas9876 Member

Can you please give me a step by step instruction of how to install devhook onto my psp.

I just brought the psp and scared that i may brick it. I know i am a sis :-(.

Thanks any help with be much appreciated.

3. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

devhook CANNOT brick your psp, as it does NOT access to flash! i guess people dont understand that. go to psp-hacks.com and d/l one of the devhook installers that will work for your psp firmware.

4. shortyabz

shortyabz Guest

hey guys i jus wanna ask how can i downgrade froma 3.03 to a 1.5 i was a 1.5 but had 2 uggrade becoz i buy new games and it was tell me 2 update versoin so how do i downgrade and if it ask me 2 update agian is there a way around it or can i play games from my memory card on a ver 3.03

5. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

use the Noobz 3.03 downgrader (www.noobz.eu) and then upgrade to 3.03 oe-c or 3.10 oe. you need an unpatched GTA LCS umd (the one with the 2.00 upgrade, if its 2.60, that wont work). they all have the instructions included in the readme so dont forget to read that.

6. shortyabz

shortyabz Guest

how do i no if it unpatched

7. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

8. shortyabz

shortyabz Guest

if i downgrade will it do something 2 my psp like fusk it up

9. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

depends, if you think you can follow everything in the readme, then it should all go smoothly. if you cant, then downgrade or else you f**k up your psp.

10. hpo56

hpo56 Regular member

are tehjoker and chaosnova the same people? because chaosnova isn't helping at all and chaos made this thread. plus devhook is not so popular now. everyone is using OE custom firmwares. I would recommend it to. you can access you isos from the game folder. and also they legendary recovery when your psp is bricked

11. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

Hell no, did you just call me chaosnova? Were two different people and unlike chaosnova, when you start a help thread, i actually help out instead of calling people assholes if they cant fix their problems. Remember this chaosnova?
    So, if your gonna call people such big assholes, chaosnova, then dont bother to ask for damn help again. Thats the reason i stopped helping you after you called me an snobby bumhole.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  12. chaosnova

chaosnova Guest

Hey guys! Sorry, really busy week in my life, lots of schoolwork. Anyhow tehjoker, just stfu, I'd rather have it that you not talk about me or anything.

For everyone else, please wait for another 2 days, and repost your questions... I hope to help you guys a lot!

SCREW OE CUSTOMSthey can barely run Playstation because of the supreme lag, and it's boring as hell with such delay!

PSP 1.5 lets you play PSP games, and gives you all the features of 3.03... just as good, and takes out the PS1 games that are laggy as hell.

BTWDO NOT COME HERE ASKING FOR HELP ABOUT HOW TO UPGRADE OR DOWNGRADE BACK TO 1.5 FROM 3.03OE OR UP TO 3.03, GO LOOK ELSEWHERE, THIS THREAD IS MADE FOR THOSE WITH ISO PROBLEMS FOR VERSION 1.5!

-Sorry 'bout the caps

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2007
  13. matthewch

matthewch Member

umm, im kindoff a newb and im wondering if normal umds will work if i downgrade my psp to 1.5 and start playing iso games.

14. oneblood

oneblood Member

i have 2 psps. both of them have 1.50 and i want to upgrade one of them 2.00. but i cant...it says i cant upgrade
    how the hell do i fix this?
    or can i fix it?

15. pecavuk

pecavuk Guest

i think you should make a separate thread for ur problems.
    this thread is made of fun,not helping?
    that chaosnova aint helping at all so you`d better look for help somewhere else

16. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

Hahaha typical chaosnova, makes threads but cant help for 5hit. Anyway, to update the psp, make a folder called UPDATE in /GAME and then put the eboot in it. Did you honestly think the will work w/o the folder?

17. GodzSon

GodzSon Member

Hi i bought a 4GB Memory Stick but whenever i put in my isos/csos only three of my isos appear. I have tried many things inclding
    - Deleting isocache
    - Updating to 3.10 OE-A
    - Formatted on the PC and on my PSP

The strange thing is though when i load dev hook it shows all my games but none of them work the screen just freezes when i am waiting for the UMD to load
    All my isos work because i was playing them on my igig stick before
    I have checked on ebay and it seems my memory stick is genuine (still not convinced)

Any help will be appreciated

18. oneblood

oneblood Member

im not retarded man i did make all the folders correctly almost 5 times now and it still dont work. but who cares im runnin 3.03 OE now...=]

19. mviesca

mviesca Member

When u said

"PSP 1.5 lets you play PSP games, and gives you all the features of 3.03... just as good, and takes out the PS1 games that are laggy as hell."

wats psp 1.5.....does that mean that when u downgrade to 1.5 just to leave it there?
    and how could u have the 3.03 features if u are on 1.5?

20. larsinii

larsinii Member

Hey tehjoker, do you know how i can load iso's without a umd in the drive? i`m kinda new to this so a detailed response would be greatly appreciated....i just dwongraded to 1.5 last nite and nothing i`ve tried has worked without a game umd in the drive