1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask any XBOX question and it shall be answered ! HERE

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by vegeta999, May 16, 2007.

1. vegeta999

vegeta999 Member

K, the main point of this thread is for people to ask questions ( no double posting ) and for people with the knowledge about the quiry to answer the question and solve the problem. Any problems ?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  2. ja835

ja835 Member

Hi I have the xbmc as my default dashboard and I was thinking of changing it to Avalaunch and making xbmc an app.

3. yappored

yappored Guest

If my XBOX can play DVD+R Movies can i play backup games with DVD+R discs

4. vegeta999

vegeta999 Member

Well, if its softmodded or hardmodded it can. But hey , u never know , ur XBOX might have a DVD Drive with hacked firmway and u never know, its jus worth trying it out !

5. vegeta999

vegeta999 Member

Well youll need ummm, Auto installer deluxe ( AID ) to change your Dahboard and yes if you jus use aid you can jus make XBMC an application ! simple.

6. kojak999

kojak999 Guest

Thank you for having this thread.
    Anyways, I'm a total nOOb. The problemm is...
    I have a softmodded XboX 1 with XBMC as the dash. I have a Linksys WRTP54G wireless router and a Linksys WGA54G wireless game adapter that i want to use on the XboX. I cannot get them to connect although im sure i set everything right.
    Router IP is 190.160.5.1
    Game adapter IP 190.160.5.2
    What should i set XBMC IP to?
    Do i need to ping the adapter to see if router is picking it up, and if i do, how do you ping?
    Should i change IP's on the router/adapter?
    Is there any other info you need?
    Please be detailed in all explanations as so to avoid confusing me.
    My goal is not so much for playing online, but to FTP to my XboX wirelessly.
    Thank you very much.

7. HaloBeta

HaloBeta Member

I dropped my xbox 360 and now it freezes everytime that I try to make a new gamertag for Xbox Live. What should I do?

8. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

You don't have to use an installer. There are readmes that come with the programs when you download them, they tell you exactly how to install in various manners. To make xbmc an app and for basic knowledge of the program visit the online manual. http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.php?title=Xbox_Media_Center_Online_Manual

9. Sn1p3r80

Sn1p3r80 Guest

Hi I have a big problem i have error 13 up the top left of my screen and Errors 5-9,10-12,13,14,16,20,21 I tried to stop my games from loading as soon as you put them in, But i pressed a default thing on the settings and now the xbox starts, reboots, flashes red and green and goes to the Service screen, I have tried to put slayers on there again i burnt it to 8X but no luck, i tried to Hotswap but it doesnt seem to work with 360explorer. I have looked all over the internet but i can't seem to find the cure.. My xbox is hard modded, i didn't go about it the easy way.
    Thanks

10. ditchcat

ditchcat Member

ok my question is where is the best place you can download 360 torrents because there was a website xbox-sky but i thnk its a dead site now

11. desmet9

desmet9 Regular member

everytime im in unleash x dashboard and want to eject the mech assualt game it always resets. Or if i go to the app dvd2xbox to right dvd games to the xbox and i click eject it always resets. I think the person that i got the xbox from did the mod wrong seeing is how if i poweroff my xbox and power it on it alwasy goes tot he original dash and the only way to get to unleash x is to stgart mech assualt then go to run linux. I just want to know my options and whati can do about this problem?

12. pspluvr

pspluvr Regular member

I just replaced my Xbox Thompson DVD drive with a Philips, and I'm still getting the Dirty Disc Error. I kind of rushed the installation, and I've got one screw that didn't fit correctly (since I lost one of the drive frame screws), and I didn't put back the thin aluminum piece that fits in the front. Do I absolutely need those things for the drive to read correctly?

13. Korihor

Korihor Member

When I insert certain discs, ones that used to work, or a copy from the hard drive, it starts to load the game, then returns to the dashboard.

I've tried the same game on a different xbox, no issues.

It's not everygame, just certain ones. When I check the game saves, there is a blank save there.

I've cleared everything, even formatted and used the original copy of slayer I used so many moons ago... Still, nothing

14. vegeta999

vegeta999 Member

You need To do the installation again from scratch and watever it tells u to do , DO IT otherwise crap happens, . Start OVER !

15. vegeta999

vegeta999 Member

OK i had the same issue , what i sis is change my dashboard to unleashX, nd im guessing ur using EVOX yh, i think, soo wat u wanna do is resoftmod ( if its softmodded ) or reinstall a new dashboard, I recomend UnleashX, never had a problem with it.

16. vegeta999

vegeta999 Member

Sorrry for the triple posting but so many people have un answered questions, but anyway , u might wanna do this, 1) Now, you may want to make sure that your firewalls are all turned off, and possibly your anti virus software for the time being. In your custom Xbox dash (i.e. Evolution X, Avalaunch, Unleash X etc.), make sure your settings are configured for STATIC, and change your IP address to this, 192.168.0.3 Also, make the Xbox's primary DNS the same as your computers IP address shown below (192.168.0.4). Scroll down, and click SAVE before you exit that screen!

2) On your computer, go to "Start" "Control Panel" "Network and Internet Connections" "Network Connections" Then right click your "Local Area Connections" and click "Properties" Click on "Internet Protocol TCP/IP" and then click the "Properties" button. Now, make sure that the "Use the following IP address" is selected. Type in this IP address, 192.168.0.4 and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 Click "Ok" Note: your computer may need to be restarted if you are using an older version of Windows.

3) Reboot your Xbox now, and if your computer is running an older OS than Windows XP, reboot that also.

4) Now, open up FlashFXP and click the lightning bolt.

5) A window will popup as shown below.

6) Type your Xbox's IP address in the "Server or URL" text box (192.168.0.3). Port should stay at 21. If your dash is using it's default settings, your user name and password should both be xbox (all lowercase). Now click connect and within a few seconds, you should see a picture as shown below with your Xbox folders on the right hand side. Now you can transfer files to and from your Xbox!

17. nuduh

nuduh Member

I'm having troble ftping into my xbox. Everything is as follows.

I.P.: 192.168.0.4
    Static: Yes
    Password: xbox
    Username:xbox
    Gateway:255.255.255.0

18. Korihor

Korihor Member

Cheers mate, I'd already tried a few dashboards as I was already using UnleashX. I solved it late lastnight...
    Unlocked the HD in the chip (Avalaunch wouldn't do it)
    Enabled BIOS writeback in Avalaunch
    Set no limit on the age rate in Avalaunch(PAL version doesn't have it in the MS Dash)
    Relock the HD

Et Voila! Works

Thanks anyhow mate :)

19. eplaisir

eplaisir Guest

I have no use for my original xbox, and want to use the memory as an external drive for my PC. How do I begin about doing this? Thx.

20. vegeta999

vegeta999 Member

Ull need xbox hard drive unlocker/locker. So u jus delete all files on ur HDD then unlock the hard drive, then ur HDD is ready for use !