1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask any XBOX question and it shall be answered ! HERE

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by vegeta999, May 16, 2007.

1. I am trying to play around (adding items and changing stats and stuff) with fallout: new vegas using Xport360 and wondered how I am supposed to get the saved game onto my laptop.

I also wanted to know if it is possible to use the G.E.C.K for the xbox 360.

(P.S I have the Xbox 360 Super Elite 250GB if that makes a difference)

Thanks so so much

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2010
  2. bowtieman

bowtieman Member

hi there i have win7 32bit can i hook my xbox 360 to tranfer avi movies to watch on xbox360

3. ilcmdme

ilcmdme Regular member

i recently got a pal xbox, how can i change it to ntsc? Do i have to modify it (softmod) first?

Thx guys.

4. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

hello, i have a softmodded xbox with XBMC v1.1 ...my pc is running Windows 7

1- how would i update the xbmc?...could this be a compatibility reason why with windows 7?

2- when i try to access the video files on my pc i get "access denied"....i tired to change to edit smb but dont understand what i did wrong. i have looked online but not sure what im doing or if all the old posts im reading matter to me?

thx for any help guys

5. Sifl

Sifl Member

no worries just need a few details to understand where we're at-

1. are you running win7 64 bit or 32 bit?
    2. most xbmc releases have built-in updater, do you know the rev number of your copy?
    3. is it xbmc that is saying "access denied"? (if so you probably haven't made the folder with the vids a shared folder, btw I suggest making the shared fold only shared on a home lan, and not the whole web)
    4. have you ever ftp'd stuff to your xbox?
    5 and finally, how is your network set up i.e. router to pc to xbox or pc to router to xbox

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  6. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

Windows 7 is setup just like vista, the network can be a bit tricky. The problem is the configuration with windows 7, xbmc will automatically detect the new shared folder and if the access privliages are correct you can access the folder.

Here's a quick tutorial with screenshots.

First find the folder you want to share and right click it. Then select properties.

[​IMG]

In properties click advanced sharing, make sure "share this folder" is checked, click apply and then click on the permissions. In permissions make sure "everyone" has full control checked.

[​IMG]

Press ok twice so you're back to the folder properties window and select "Network and Sharing Center".

In "network and sharing center" make sure you have your current workzone selected and copy my settings. There's "home, workplace, and public". Just make sure you select the right one.

[​IMG]

The most important setting is the password protection to be turned off.

Now remember this will show up different on your xbox, i'll take pictures of that as well.

Here's after you select "WORKGROUP (SMB) NETWORK)
    [​IMG]

Select "WORKGROUP" - you should see your computers name and description.
    [​IMG]

Now you will see the folder you just shared "downloads"
    [​IMG]

Click on downloads and you'll see the contents
    [​IMG]

Remember if you're in the videos category and are in a music folder you won't see anything, so make sure you start in the right category.

If you want to access your windows workgroup you can select "USERS" instead of "downloads" and you'll see the list of users and the shared files with-in windows workgroups.

[​IMG]

Hope this all makes sense to you, let me know if you have any questions.

EDIT:
    I uploaded my rared xbmc folder to my server. Just download it, unrar it and throw the whole folder and it's contents in your apps folder.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1965641/XBMC.rar

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  7. phill31

phill31 Member

hi ive got error 5 when i turn my xbox on ,I have read that my hard drive isnt locked it has a 200 gb hd in it can any help me to fix this ,

8. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

You'll need to get your eeprom and relock your hard drive. Though more than likely your hard drive is going to fail or you somehow unlocked your hard drive using a menu.

Here's a link to help you get your eeprom and relock your hdd.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/357863

Remember this is only if you're softmodded, if you're hardmodded (modchip) this means your modchip has failed or isn't properly working.

Just follow the instructions

9. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

HI SIFI,

1-no im runnning windows 32 bit on my computer .
    2-i havfe version 1.1 from like years ago. i found no updater in it. i read in forum about it but i dont have that option.
    3-the folder on the computer is a shared folder, has no password , has no ecryption, has windows firewall for network in home dissabled, and is able to be read and write from any other computer in the home. my network media tank can access the folder and so can my downsatirs computer.
    4- i havef ftp'd before but i was a couple years ago. i didnt think much of XBMC then and had no use to stream to another room(used to have cable back then..until i got into argument with cable company over paying for channels i never watch and they said take it or leave it...so i left it lol ..THEY LOST! i love streaming tv from internet now!!)
    5-i havea powerline netgear adapter with 100mbs lan, then goes to router and then to the other pc using another powerline netgear router at 100mbs.

over all the xbox is the only device in my home who has problem accessing the folder or folders on my computer. my other computer can see it and my network media tank can see it and stream from it all the time and my ps3 can see and stream from it.. i got alot of stuff i know ..i just buy on sale and im the guy who buy refurbished only stuff at like 30-40 percent off lol.

1. are you running win7 64 bit or 32 bit?
    2. most xbmc releases have built-in updater, do you know the rev number of your copy?
    3. is it xbmc that is saying "access denied"? (if so you probably haven't made the folder with the vids a shared folder, btw I suggest making the shared fold only shared on a home lan, and not the whole web)
    4. have you ever ftp'd stuff to your xbox?
    5 and finally, how is your network set up i.e. router to pc to xbox or pc to router to xbox[/quote]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  10. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

hi thx for yoru reply i have had all those already checked on my windows 7 32bit system. i read on google it someting to do with editing the smb access o nthe xbox itself. i tired it but not sure what i did wrong..

i did go ahead and recehck all the setting you have and also disabled the home firewall for the network only part of the firewall but still have the acess denied issue. it seems to be a big thing on google i just dont understand what it all means. sorry im not that tech savy wit hthe xbox and the networking issues.

11. phill31

phill31 Member

Hi i have another question how can i connect my xbox hard drive and my computer dvd drive to my computer if I have only one IDE cable connection
    Hi I have another question how can I connect my xbox hd to my computer if i only have one IDE cable conection and it is used by my dvd drive

12. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

hi, i used ftp and installed the new xbmc and it works fine...except i still can not stream videos from my shared folders. all my other computers can see it my network media tank can also see the folders just not the xbox

1- is their a firewall on windows 7 that says no to the xbox i need to change or something ?

13. Soh5757

Soh5757 Member

SO I have a sucky problem. I have a flash drive that is recognized by my xbox, but when I plug it into my computer, after installing the action replay drivers and correcting those drivers for the flahsdrive, the action replay software won't recognize it. It flashes green for a quick second then goes gray. I've done some google searching and I can't figure it out. Any ideas?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  14. FNHot

FNHot Member

1. Whats the newest version of MameOX? .... platinum 2 from what I can find ... is that right?
    2. Is there a list of working games anywhere for mameOX?
    3. Is mameOX the ideal arcade rom player for the XBOX?
    4. I cant get spider-man the arcade game to work in MameOX. Im using 1.1, and it just doesnt see it. Doesn't matter how I refresh the list, it doesn't work.

any ideas? #4 = most important! Driving me nuts! = ) thanks!!!!

15. derbycity

derbycity Member

How do u find out what port your xbox 360 drive is on when it is connected to your computer?

16. Sifl

Sifl Member

you are going to need to format it as a xbox memorycard to use it with action replay- to do this hook it up to the xbox with it turned off and boot the ms dashboard it should ask to format it or do it automatically
    if that doesn't work you can try different xbox memorycard drivers( there are several out there pm me if you need a link, as Im not sure on the posting downloadlink rules on this site)

17. Sifl

Sifl Member

4.have you tried FBA-XXX im pretty sure it works in that version of mame, also it alowws you to launch roms directly from xbmc with shortcuts http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=610146

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  18. jaybeew

jaybeew Member

I've been following the tutorial to modify a USB into an Action Replay and thus soft mod my xbox. This tutorial: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/578329

I soldered the wires and plugged in my USB stick, and the Xbox recognizes it, I was able to copy a saved game from the Xbox hard disk onto the USB.

When I plug the USB into my laptop, the laptop recognizes it as a mass storage device, wants to format it (I say no.)

The I get to this step:
    Open your 'Device Manager' and expand the 'Universal Serial Bus controllers' tree, right click on the 'USB Mass Storage Device' and click on Update driver'.

and I'm stopped dead in my tracks. I follow this, and I get to the "Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware" screen. I browse to Action Replay Xbox/drivers where the xbreader.inf file is, choose it, and I get this error:

"The folder item you specified doesn't contain a compatable driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems."

Presumably that xbreader.inf file is the Maxdrive Xbox driver. So I'm at a complete loss as to how to proceed.

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium.

Please help! I've come this far!!!

19. Soh5757

Soh5757 Member

lol ya, I don't know why I couldn't figure that out but I got it lol. But thank you. most people don't answer for "noob" questions lol.

20. Sifl

Sifl Member

no worries, we were all noobs once.....