1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asking for DVD X COPY alternatives

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by diego_ar, Dec 19, 2004.

1. diego_ar

diego_ar Member

Are there any Alternatives to DVD X Copy Platinum (Express) for backing up protected DVDs-9 ?

Best regards

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Yes diego, dvd shrink and nero or dvd shrink and dvd decrypter "both shrink and decrypter are free". Nero has a 30 free trial period.All the guides are on the top tab.Shrink and decrypter can take 1 dvd9 to one 4.7 gig disc or put it on a dual layer disc. Quite a few people here think it is just as good or better the xcopy.Later

3. diego_ar

diego_ar Member

I.m mostly interested in splitting the dvd9 in two dvd5, avoiding at all costs compression (The Shrink can do that without messing up the playback of the menus?)

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey diego, I use both dvd shrink and nero. I have no problems with putting a dvd-9 disc onto 1 dvd-5. I use all of shrinks quality enhancements.It takes a little longer than without the enhancements, but well worth it. I did harry potter #3 and lord of the rings,return of the king.I hate the extra crap and reauthor the main movie only.I haven't tried it with the menus and extras but it may take longer.Check out the many bourne supremecy threads going on. I had no trouble with main movie only on that one. Later