1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.asp pages (such as feedback forms)

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by j_holmes, Oct 22, 2004.

1. j_holmes

j_holmes Regular member

Hi guys....

I'm trying to get a feed-back form on my website. I got everthing uploaded, the page form appears but won't work.In the form properties, I chose send to e-email address, but doesn't work. When I click submit, it just seems to kinda refresh the form, but adding this to it "[FrontPage Save Results Component]", even though I set the confirmation page to be my index page( homepage).

I'm using frontpage, and uploading all I need, (even the hidden files). But when I try to set the page to e-mail, I get a message....

" This form is being created on a Disk-Based Web or the FrontPage Server Extensions have not been configured to send e-mail..............Would you like to remove the e-mail recepient?"

I chose know, save the page as asp, upload the page to http://somee.com/default.aspx, thats where I have it, due to my ISP not allowing asp pages.

Thanks again,
    I know this could be a work load,
    any support will be greatly appreciated..

2. DMW

DMW Regular member

Hi, does your isp support frontpage extensions? if they do, do they have them set up for you?

Not having these installed would cause the problems you are experiencing.
    Maybe you need to contact them.

Hope you get sorted.

3. j_holmes

j_holmes Regular member

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply.

I called them when I was trying to upload the pages to my site through them, they don't support .asp files. That's why I'm trying to hook it up through the company mentioned above, they support the .asp files. Now even if I hook it up through them, and just link my feedback button to that page, do I still need to see if my ISP has the FP extensions hooked up, even though it's not through them?

Thanks again...

4. DMW

DMW Regular member

Hey, do the people you have uploaded to support the FP extensions?

If its not your ISP hosting then you dont need to check anyhting that end if its just a link to he other hosts.
    But they need to have them installed.

Hope you get sorted.

5. j_holmes

j_holmes Regular member

Thanks for the reply,

I'll double check and let you know.