1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ASPI Layer & Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by OlPilot, Sep 16, 2004.

1. OlPilot

OlPilot Member

I helped a neighbor install a DVD burner on his older AMD K-6 processor computer, Win 98SE, then I installed Shrink and Decrypter for him. We haven't had a chance to try a burn yet.

Question is - do I need to install ASPI 4.71? Adaptec instructions note that ASPI 4.71 is for PI/II/II and IV machines and don't mention AMD machines. I know 321 Studios's X Copy Express and Platinum needed ASPI. Do Shrink and Decrypter need it also?

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

It's always a good idea to have a well intalled aspi layer.

Go here and then read and follow the intructions, this is a lot easier than the adaptec method.

http://forceaspi18.w.interia.pl/

3. OlPilot

OlPilot Member

I forgot - we also installed Nero 6 Express which came with his DVD Drive. If I'm not mistaken, Nero 6 includes Ahead's version of ASPI.

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

You are right Ahead ( Nero ) has its own ASPI layer and defaults to it when you are using it.

However as suggested by Sophocles ~~ YOU should have also the common version of ASPI on your PC -- certain type of peripherals you may use on your PC do require that ASPI layer to communicate !

5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

If you've installed Incd with Nero, I recommend that you also uninstall it. It's been the cause of numerous problems as are all packet writing softwares.