1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

aspi needed to rip a dvd?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by j8breakz, Jan 16, 2002.

1. j8breakz

j8breakz Guest

i want to know if aspi is needed to rip a dvd. when i start a rip it says no aspi is available. what do i need to do. i downloaded aspi for nt and tried to run it but nothing is happening. let me know if u can help me out. thanks a lot.

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

What OS you have?

3. j8breakz

j8breakz Guest

i have windows xp......

4. dRD

5. j8breakz

j8breakz Guest

when i try to run that aspi program it says that windows cannot find it. this made me think that it was not there so then i tried to run aspi.bat and it still said that windows cannot find it. any other suggestions? thanks a lot for the help!

6. tukillo

tukillo Guest

I have the same problem, except that I could not install the aspi driver because there is no adaptec product to upgrade. What can I do?

7. dRD

8. PlayWith

PlayWith Guest

I have a similar problem. I'm running Win2k, and since I have I can use my DVD player for reading cds and CDR's, and I can 'see' whats on a DVD, but they won't play and I can't rip from the disc, I get the same ASPI error.

do you know of a program for win2k Pro service pack 2?? thank you so much in advance for your help :)

9. dRD

We have the official Adaptec ASPI pack in AfterDawn.com, just use the search in our main page and you'll find it.