1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assassin's Creed Backup

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ramosfet, Jan 30, 2008.

1. ramosfet

ramosfet Regular member

I have a few questions:
    1. Do you need a hard drive to play assassin's creed?

2. When i first put in my backup copy of assassin's creed, it said i needed an update before i played the game. I hit agree and then it rebooted. Next time message i got was that the disc was dirty.
    Has anyone been able to play the assassin's creed backup copy on a xbox arcade with no hard drive and a flashed benq drive?

3. Is there a site that lists backup games that have been tested and the systems they have been tested on?

2. phelixnyc

phelixnyc Regular member

Benq, yes. Premium not arcade. Also it takes usually 10-15 seconds to load. What media are you using?

3. ramosfet

ramosfet Regular member

well i have been using ridata because i burned and tested MASS EFFECT with ridata and it worked. I use a xbox 360 arcade with no hdd and flashed benq drive with ixtreme 1.4 12x.

4. phelixnyc

phelixnyc Regular member

Ok, I would suggest Verbatim's just for the fact that they are quality media. Bad media could put a strain on the drive's lense. I have heard and read of people having problems loading Assassin's Creed. I would buy Verb's, burn at a slower speed (2.4x) and I would use ImgBurn.

5. ramosfet

ramosfet Regular member

1)could someone explain why mass effect would work on ridata and not Assassin's creed?

2)What about that patch Assassin's creed tried to install, did it fail because i have no hard drive?

6. hyena0000

hyena0000 Member

the patch is out? How do u get it

7. ramosfet

ramosfet Regular member

Well, i actually burned Assassin's creed again on verbatim at 2.4x, and it worked great!!! it didn't try to install any pathces or updates!!! great game.

I am using a xbox arcade version with no hdd and a benq drive flashed with ixtremev1.4 at 12x read spead.

8. cesars_01

cesars_01 Member

hello ramosfet, where did you download assassins from? cause i downloaded a few games, and the console does recognize the game but it wont start, it says to play xbox original games a xbox 360 hdd is required or something like that, so, im trying to find and burn xbox games that wont required a hdd... where did you find yours? thank you...

9. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

You can only play Xbox 1 games with a hdd. The backwards compatability software has to be downloaded and installed on the 360... hence the need for a hdd.

It states this in the manual and on Xbox.com.

10. cesars_01

cesars_01 Member

thanks i know this, but he's using an arcade console as well, so im asking for the web site he got the assassin's creed game, he said that it worked with a verbatim dvd.. im asking this because i burned a game on a regular dvd, and the xbox showed me that message, and the game is a xbox 360 game, and not one from the xbox 1 or original, so it shouldnt be asking for the hard disk... i dont know if i explained it right... thanks again for aswering...

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008