1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assassin's Creed Thread

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by anubis66, Nov 15, 2007.

1. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

Talk about the game here.

i for one love it. its fun running on the rooftops after your kill. the fighting is pretty good, and unique for sure. the graphics are great. its obvious it was optimized for ps3.

2. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

I dont really agree with the last part of your post but whatever,I just dont like when they send you back to the metal hospital(I guess you could call it that)and when it has no active mission on the map(I just walk around for a while)other than that the game is great

3. Mr_Pink

Mr_Pink Regular member

The ratings from IGN left plenty to be desired. PSM didn't rate it yet. I've added it to my Amazon wish list though. So even if it is trash, at least I didn't spend money on it (could always resell it).

4. Bawango

Bawango Regular member

I have high hopes for it. Despite getting a defective I am looking forward to playing it tomorrow when I get my copy exchanged.

5. TheV

TheV Regular member

you will all probably hate me but.. i bought his game and return it the next day
    i had high hopes for it i even said to the store manager "i dont need a recepe becaus this games will be the best game ever" i came home played the game. The first hour the game was off the hook i loved everything about it the second hour i was like "will there be new things i can do? new special missions" but no the missions you get in the beginnen are the missions you will get everytime. i stoped playing and thought maby i played to long. the next day befor i went back to the store i though lets give it another try maby i will like it. i played it and after 10 minutes i thought by my self lets return this game.

I hope nobody gets mad for me saying al this i just think its a borring game and i respect everybody who thinks that it rocks or that its a great game but this is just what i think about the game.

The V

6. Mr_Pink

Mr_Pink Regular member

I think IGN touched on that (repetitiveness). What was your excuse for returning it?

7. newcloud

newcloud Regular member

this is one of the funniest games iv ever play
    the gards ar so stupid

8. newcloud

newcloud Regular member

sorry double post

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  9. pcrazy99

pcrazy99 Regular member

I'm really disappointed in the game also. The part where you keep having to go back to the scientists lab is stupid. All you can do is walk around. I started to think this game makes me think of Splinter Cell in the middle ages.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  10. xXxBG

xXxBG Regular member

U know what, i think the game is off the hook

11. NexGen76

NexGen76 Regular member

Okay im going to buy this game today wish me luck.I can't hold off anymore i have heard more positive than negative stuff.

12. biggzi

biggzi Member

I've been looking forward to this game for ages, and because i live in the UK it didn't come out until yesterday, but despite having pre-ordered it from play.com, I still havn't got it, and wont get it until at least Monday. I can't take the waiting :(....

13. stickweed

stickweed Regular member

Don't worry biggzi, down here in AUS they delayed the game till the 22nd due to "shipping".

14. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I agree with you V! It wasn't the best ever! I though it was going to be awesome, but then I realized you are doing the same thing over and over, nothing really new! And, I guess people have been experiencing Problems with the PS3 version (me as well)! It would lockup on them, and a lot of freezing! I took mine back today, and they took it as Defective, so I got Uncharted: Drake's Fortune instead!

15. Mr_Pink

Mr_Pink Regular member

I thought retailers don't take back opened video games, movies, etc.?

I downloaded the Uncharted demo. It's fantastic!

I'm still going for Assassin's Creed, though. I'll get it for the holiday.

16. sanecrazy

sanecrazy Regular member

Took mine back aswell it is a very boring game played it 4 hours n started to think to my self theres nothing of this game left its all the same. The maps are confusing and that sequence everytime you go to the eagle spot did my head in. And one miner thing.... You cant crouch?!! Whats that all about. Someones fireing bows at me and i cant crouch behind a wall? i just stand there. Also way too much hype about this shoving people out the way thing. Yes its good but it loses its novalty after an hour just like that virtual buddy flash game. You cant interact with peaple like in Oblivion Ive been playing that to death and tbh it kills Assasins creed.

One thing i will say is riding the horse was a revolution! It felt so natural like i was really riding a horse i loved it. Also i gound the "blending in" aspect very boring and repetative after a couple of hours.

Still a good effort but ubisoft being the makers of oblivion i axpected so much more.

By the way i swaped it for COD4 wow what a game!!

17. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Actually Bethesda are the creators of Oblivion not ubisoft!

18. piloxi

piloxi Member

I was very, very, very, Did I say VERY? Dissapointed in this game. TV over advertised for the game making it into something great. The graphix are amazing. The handling is awesome. The things you can do in the game such as run from roof tops and assasinate people at will is cool. But the missions are as you have posted already. REPETATIVE. But what killed it for me was the fighting. They should have made the battle somewhat of god of war or heavenly sword aspect. Something that you have controll of and can kill in insane combos and attacks. The fighting in this game is that of PIRATES OF THE CARRIBBEAN. Play it and tell me if I am lying. They should have thrown a Disney lable on it. Made a cartoon of it. And shipped it. Then there wouldn't have been anything to complain about because maybe I could pass as 5 years old. Reinvent gaming don't backstep. Once again very dissapointing. And the maps suck. Can't tell what to do next

19. DimerNL

DimerNL Member

The whole concept of the game is pretty nifty, but it's like all other posters said repetetive as hell. Personally i don't mind things repeating as long as i'm having some sort of fun doing them over and over again. I mean i actually went as far as to get all the achievements for "Just Cause" on the xbox360.. and man that was probably The most repeating game ever made.

SPOILERS coming i guess...

So far as i've played the game i've seen a lot of cool things happen, but i've also felt a lot of stuff missing. Having a day/night cycle for example, being guided through all of the assasins by all the cutscenes really pissed me off too.

History really wasn't my favorite thing at school and my view of an assasin must have been way off according to this game. I always thought they were more of the kind of people lurking in the shadows and awaiting their time to strike instead of doing all their business in the bright sunlight in the open....

Guess i was just expecting a Splinter cell-Thief-Assasin's Creed combo and all i got was plain old AC lol >.>

20. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Ok I just beat the game... Im very dissapointed in how the story just ends.. There better be a 2nd...