1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assistance for a first-timer :)

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by oneroute, Mar 28, 2005.

1. oneroute

oneroute Member

Hi, this is my first post in this forum and i'm rather new to DVD burning...figured it's finally about time to backup the aging collection.

I found the guides you've all posted links to very informative and helpfull, however, i am having a bit of trouble with the formatting of my burnt disc itself. I have successfully copied (by re-authoring) Resevoir Dogs and a few other movies onto my HD using DVD shrink. I have a previously installed version of Nero which came with my recently purchased DVD-Burner.. so i didn't think i needed an upgrade.

DVD-Shrink's output files after copying Resevoir Dogs were as follows:

VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_1 (VOB file)
    VTS_01_2 (VOB file)
    VTS_01_3 (VOB file)
    VTS_01_4 (VOB file)

The four VOB files were approx. 1 gig each, which accounts for the movie..(what are the bup, and ifo's?)

All of these files were contained in the folder created by DVD-Shrink, which i then proceeded to burn onto a dvd data-disc using nero.

I can view the movie on my dvd player, but instead of playing as if it were a VHS without menus, the DVD is still divided into four separate files which must be played individually in order. Also, the movie does not load directly - but rather the dvd player opens the folder and shows me the VBO's within..almost as if i were browsing the file with windows explorer. My question to you is: How do i make the dvd play straight through from beginning to end, without having to load each clip from the folder on the dvd?..I guess burning these files as a data disc was not the way to go, but i couldn't find an option for dvd video with nero :(

Any help would be much appreciated..Thanks everyone!
    Colin.

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

W/in Shrink you can check "enable burning w/ Nero " and it will burn the files for you automatically in the required format you need.
    Go to Edit then FileI/O and make sure a check mark is checked for the box named above.
    The .ifo's are like information file that tell the movie what to play after it finishes the previous .vob
    The .bups are backup file of the .ifo's

Last edited: Mar 28, 2005