1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

at Hotachi's mercy!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by zoranb, Nov 10, 2003.

1. zoranb

zoranb Member

I have the Hitachi GD7500 dvdrom (of whom by the way i cannot find specs) and the problem is that it cant read a dvd-rw disk. On this dvd-rw disk i have burned (from a mac superdrive dvd-ram) dvd-video which i authored myself from DVDlab (pc app). Its strange cause the disk is readable on the mac as a dvdvideo, it autoruns when i insert it there, and the dvdvideo is palying acording to plan! So i dont think its the mac dvdram drive. can anyone suggest any solutions, can it be the firmware of my drive and if so, where can i get that firmware!!! Hitachi on dvdroms is nowere to be found!! can anyone help? im desperate!!!

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well It just Might be as simple as your DVD-Rom can"t read DVD-RW or can not read the data burn"t by that Burner..I know On My System I have a Sony DRU 500A Dual Format Burner and a LiteOn LTD 163 DVD-Rom Drive and My DVD Rom Drive can not read some of the Data DVD"s My Sony Burns but the Sony can read them fine, actually a Lot of the DVD"s I burn with the Sony can"t be read in the LiteOn DVD-Rom but some can be read ,usually when useing Good Media and Neither will read DVD-Ram...So I would try burning the DVD in the Mac with a Different brand of Media and see if it can read it then and you Might want to clean the Lazer in your Drive ,You can get a Lazer cleaning kit at most Computer/Electronics stores....good luck

3. zoranb

zoranb Member

It was my mistake clearly as far as it concerns the DVD-rw disk, my DVD-ROM canot read sutch disks at all, BUT it says it can read DVD-R disks. I did try to read sutch a disk and it wasnt possible! Problem is i cannot find anywhere a site for my DVD-ROM drive (Hitachi GD7500) so i can check for firmware updates. Can u help me pal? Or anyone else on this matter?

4. koola

koola Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2003
  5. zoranb

zoranb Member

i did update the firmware to 0008 but no luck, i still cant read dvdr disks im running out of ideas? anyone?

6. koola

koola Guest

I think your DVD Rom drive is broken. Maybe you should get another one!

The Lite-On DVD Rom range are excellent readers.

7. DSYF3R

DSYF3R Regular member

I was under the inpression that the Mac superdrive was actually a Pioneer A03 or A04 in discuise? If so you shouldn't have any probs reading from a DVD-Rom drive, so I would look at the reader as being the problem.

8. zoranb

zoranb Member

is there any chance that the problem might be cause by the DVDR disk???