1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

At The End of My Rope! - Can Anyone Help?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by rjupiter, Dec 26, 2007.

1. rjupiter

rjupiter Member

Well I have tried several FAQ's and message boards to try and resolve my problem and I am trying for the last time here.

My issue is with AZ (Azureus) and being able to use it since switching my ISP and getting a new modem. I will try to be brief and give all the tech specs first.

I have a Netopian 2240N Modem/Router that is hooked up into my Linksys WRT54G Wireless Router. I connect to the network using my Linksys WMP54GX PCI Adapter with SRX. All the equipment runs fine and worked swell prior to me switching ISP with I believe it where the problem lies.

When I signed up with my new ISP I got the fastest connection they offered for home use and as such they gave me a free static IP, which I have never had before. Now with my service the static IP is automatically assigned in the modem when you input your user name and pass and this a believe is where the problem lie.

Whenever I try to use AZ all I get are yellow faces indicating a NAT problem. When I go to do a NAT test in AZ it tells me that the "connection was refused" or that it "timed out" and it lists the IP to which this is happening and its the static IP of the modem and not the IP address of my computer within the wireless router/network, which is different. (and yes I have tried to setup various pinholes and port forwarding in the router and modem and used different ports and combinations of IPs and it does not help)

And this is where I have been going round and round trying to figure out how to fix this or what I can do allow traffic through. Right now I am just about to give up and wash my hands of it all, this is my last ditch effort hope to get it resolved.

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

3. rjupiter

rjupiter Member

Hi -

Thanks for the response back and you hit on the few things I have forgotten to mention.

No my ISP is not on the bad list, it does not block anything or have any issue according to that list.

I haven't used the Encryption since switching ISP and I am not sure how that will effect my NAT problem but will try it.

I had turned off UPnP in my modem but not my router but it didn't do anything, should I try and turn both off?

4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Bit confused here, the static address should be assigned to your computer. By going to start>run, typing in cmd and selecting ok, typing in ipconfig/all and selecting enter, you should see your ip address. Is it the static one and the one you have forwarded to? Close and go to start>control panel>Network Connection>Local Area Netwwork>properties>internet protocol>properties. Is your ip address obtained automatically or set? As far as I know, UPnP is not necessary with Port Forwarding.

5. rjupiter

rjupiter Member

no, my computer does not have the static ip or the ip address which is being picked up/block in the NAT test with AZ.

For example this is what is produced in ipconfig:

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
    IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.xxx
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.xxx
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.xxx
    DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.xxx
    DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.xxx

None of these are the ip address that AZ is saying is blocking the NAT, that is the Local WAN IP Address that is listed in the modem and nowhere else.

The first 4 IPs and all associated with my wireless router, the last one, under DNS servers, is the one for my modem.

6. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  7. rjupiter

rjupiter Member

setting up a static on my end and telling it to use just the same stuff that is being broadcast from my router will not do much cause the router is not the problem. it does not have a static IP or anything to do with the IP address that is giving me the problem, that is in the modem. So I am not sure I really see the point.

8. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Use the ip address you see at ipconfig/all to forward to and see if that helps.

9. rjupiter

rjupiter Member

done that many times and from both modem and router on all the ips in various combination there of, nothing works.

Its seems that this is a problem that no one understands.