1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATI AIW X1900 Video Card Display Problems

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by aspire180, Jan 12, 2007.

1. aspire180

aspire180 Regular member

My old video card, also an ATI AIW version (Much older however) was a lot easier to navigate or figure out.

Nevertheless, cannot get past the simplest (?) of hurdles...Trying to get video etc. from my PC to be displayed onto my TV.

I have connected everything according to standard instructions from the ATI Knowledge base articles (I have S-Video cables and audio connected from PC to TV).

Yet, I cannot get a picture...I hear audio fine but no picture, just a black screen appears on the TV.

Can anyone help?

2. rogeball

rogeball Regular member

Sorry im not an ATI guy and like Nvidia much better. I would say theirs got to be a setting in the software to get the video to fit to the form factors, other wise i apologize and would say invest ina new card or bigger monitor.

3. aspire180

aspire180 Regular member

Bigger monitor?...I already have a 20inch Dell...It's displaying on my Dell monitor...The problem I am having is getting it to display onto my TV which is 34inches...I did it fine with an older machine and a different but much weaker ATI card...This configuration seems a bit more complicated to figure out for myself.

4. Karth77

Karth77 Member

I'm having the same problem. Just bought an ATI X1900 AIW Card. Catalyst v7.1. Everything seems to work fine except I can't get Video out to my TV using the TV out. The problem is my Catalyst SW isn't recognizing the TV...when I try to force the TV monitor by Enabling it in Catalyst, it won't take the setting. I don't know if its a hardware issue, in that it can't detect the TV, or if it's ATI's cr*ppy SW. I tried everything, including downgrading to Catalyst 6.13, but no dice. I put in a service request at ATI so we'll see what happens. Have you had the same problem where Catalyst won't allow you to enable the TV out?

5. aspire180

aspire180 Regular member

I'm guessing it's a similar issue...Except, I can detect the TV, it just won't let me display anything out...Get a black screen but I do get audio.

Put in a request but have heard little back.