1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ati All In Wonder Card Capture .... Flashing

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by MOLLYPOP, Mar 21, 2005.

1. MOLLYPOP

MOLLYPOP Member

HELP ... Having an ATI AIW card 32mb I thought I would capture my anologue home family video`s ranging back to 1990, onto Disks.

Simple I thought, but they all have intermitting flashes during capture. Thus making the capture card usless for the purpose it was bought for 3 years ago. I have since found out that I am not the only one with this problem .....

Can any of you boffin`s assist in solving this problem and why should it exist it the first place ..... Records OK direct from TV capture, and new tape recordings less than I year old..........

I am using Windows XP.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

are you from the british isles by chance as boffin is a word from there that doesn't get used much here in north america. have you checked ati for updated driver(s) & their faq site

3. MOLLYPOP

MOLLYPOP Member

Yes I am from england, checked ATI site not very clear as to what to upgrade to. As my problem is not indicated...

My problem is new vhs tapes capture ok...older tapes have intermitting flashes and intermitted distorted frames at the top right 80% captures ok.

I can not understand why new tapes capture ok ..and older tapes do not ...all tapes play perfect thru the VCR and viewed on TV. ...I have 60 VHS anologue camcorder tapes from past years that are unabled to be capture without this itermitted flashing .. some say like macrovision.

Have tried a few Macrovision patches ... no good..

4. ddp

can you convert old tape to new tape as it appears it is the old tapes causing the flash that the new tapes don't show

5. MOLLYPOP

MOLLYPOP Member

Tried copying tapes onto new tapes, result the same and loss of quality. Macrovision is being detected by ATI card seems to be a possiblity, although no macrovision is involved. Looks like Macrovision in capture preview window.....

6. MOLLYPOP

MOLLYPOP Member

My ATI AIW Capture Card.... Has proved to be useless in capturing my home movies more than 3 years old .... The problem has caused me anger and hours of time wasting in solving the problem Of my non capturing ATI AIW card.

In purchasing a new Panasonic digital camcorder, I bought one with anologue in and out ..... This now captures through firewire capture card with ease ... Shame my ATI AIW CAPTURE card can`t captue old home movies as it treats them as having Macrovision that they don`t have, and capture`s flashing throughout the capture process.

Lesson learned, don`t buy an ATI capture card for old vhs video capturing

7. ddp

teach & learn

8. bpoelstra

bpoelstra Member

I have found a way to remove the ATI macrovision detection on the input signals.

I have the latest v6.14.10.6300 (NSP) and v6.14.10.6246 (SP) hacked drivers to bypass the macrovision detection. These WILL enable capturing of macrovision protected analog source.

Email me at bpoelstra*comcast.net (replace the * with a @)

BBB

Last edited: Apr 5, 2005
  9. tuza

tuza Guest

bpoelstra,
    Sent you a note using my handle. How do I get the drivers you'r talkin' about?
    Tuza

10. ddp

bpoelstra, edit out your email address out of your post as per forum rules above & so you don't get spammed!!!