1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATi All in Wonder PCI card troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by snwborder, Apr 10, 2005.

1. snwborder

snwborder Member

Hi,

I've been shopping around for capture cards and recently got a ATI All In Wonder PCI card. I installed it and the computer acknowloadges(sp) in the Device Manager, but when I went to capture in Windows Movie Maker it says "A video capture device was not detected. Verify that a device is turned on and connected properly, and then try again." Can anyone give me some advice on what to do? Do I need a special Program

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Try captureing useing the "Multi-Media Center" software that came with your Card and if you didn"t get any Software then download it for the ATI web site....

If you can"t get the Card to work with the MMC software then there is Probably a Driver Problem in which case I would Un-Install all of the Drivers for the Card and Download the Latest Graphic AND WDM Driver and Fully un-install the Card and even take it out of the PC and reseat it in it"s Slot... and then Re-install the Drivers and Try again...

All of the Drivers should be Installed in a Certain order for the Best results so look at the ATI web site and it will list the Best Instalation order for the ATI Software...

Just out of Curiosity is your Card an Old PCI card or is it one of the New PCI-Express cards???

Cheers

PS: if you can get it to work in the ATI software but not in the Windows Movie Maker Software then just do your Captureing with the ATI software and Import the Captured File into the Movie Maker Software after so you can edit the Capture File....
    Ohh and By the Way the "Windows Movie Maker 2.0" program is worth exactly what you Pay for it, Nothing...
    I also don"t think it will Capture from your Card anyways because it is Made for Captureing from DV Camcorders and if you can get it to work it would Only capture to Uncompressed AVI format which sucks up to 1.2gb per minute of Video or it will only let you capture to it"s Crappy WMV Format which has OK quality but the Files are very Hard to work with and edit and encode to DVD and you need an extremely Fast PC to Capture at full resolution in WMV Format....