1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ati HD2900XT. Buy now or wait for later?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by paztelu, May 26, 2007.

1. paztelu

paztelu Regular member

Hi, well I post here because of my concern of the possibility of buying the new Ati HD2900XT card, Ive read the reviews at Toms Hardware, and well I think is worth buying, before I go any further here are my system specs:

Intel E6600@2.4GHZ
    2gb DDR2-800 Corsair
    Ati Radeon X1900XT 256mb (Sapphire)
    Asus P5W DH Deluxe
    X-FI Xtreme music sound card
    1WD Raptor 74Gb 10000rpm
    Plextor 760a DVD Burner

So I asked a friend for counsil, he told me that it was better to wait for a little more development of the DirectX10 Market, and waiting for the possibilities of better cards from both Nvidia and ATI in the short term. So my main concern is:

With my system specs it is worth buying a HD2900XT, or should I wait a little more before buying the card, and getting a much better GPU in the short term future?

PD: Because I live out of the US, If I pass the oppurtunity to buy this card right now, Ill have to wait until october or december to be able to buy it again.

2. funky22

funky22 Guest

i will wait till Hd2900xtx on 65nm and with 1gb come out this one is to hot ,but xt is also great we will see in future what it can do when better drivers come out and some good dx10 games