1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ati vcr and nero DVD burning problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by seejaydee, Apr 25, 2005.

1. seejaydee

seejaydee Member

I tried to burn a copy of a program recorded via the vcr option in the ATI program. Most parts of Nero don't see the recorded program. The ones that may "see" it close as soon as I click on "open" this file. How do I convert ATI's vcr files into files that Nero can "see" and use?

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

seejaydee ,
    Welcome to the forum. All I do w/ my ATI card is right click on the TV screen on the computer. Go to setup and tell it to make it DVD Compatitable and to save the file in a folder on the desktop. After that I can use the free program below and encode it to DVD-Compliant status and then you can burn it w/ nero by it self or use Shrink and Nero combination. You can use ATI's program to do it but the proggy is a little flaky IMHO. You could also use Premiere if you want to.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_encoders/vso_divxtodvd.cfm

3. seejaydee

seejaydee Member

thanks car.mike. Used your suggestion and worked out my problem. This method worked:
    Played old tape thru channel three on ati and recorded using that program option.
    converted to dvd compatable with divxtodvd. Then used dvd shrink and nero.

4. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Glad it worked