1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attack the virus or reinstall the OS

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by Wyattspop, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Hi Gang,
    I hope this is in the proper place as I have a cross-topic issue, I promise I'll be brief and succinct. I have an HP Win 7 Desktop and an HP Vista Laptop.
    Both are running very badly on the net, fine in windows (they are networked/hard-wired)
    I called HP and they kicked me over to "iYogi" to solve an issue, this company in India patched into my PC's and then asked me for $160 to help, I was still in warranty so I declined. They left all the proggies they used to access my PC behind, my PC's have both been a nightmare since, of course my warranty expired 3 days ago. I used Revo uninstaller to remove, but traces remain, can't find those in a search. I ran Spybot, AVG, Super-antispyware and Malwarebytes, Mal found many issues, the others not. Anyway, I think I'll just back up my data and burn them down and reinstall, the PC's didn't come with discs but I found them easily on the web. Is there anything else I might try before I waste a dozen hrs rebuilding 2 PC's? Thanks so much my friends

2. aldan

aldan Active member

before you do why not download,update,and run hijack this.dont fix anything with it yet,just post the log.lets see what it comes up with.