1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attempted to Softmod my Xbox with Hotswap Method.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Markytho, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Markytho

Markytho Member

Attempted to softmod my Xbox with softmod method but it appears to have gone awry. I had the ISO disc prepared and my PC with Xbox next to each other. Firing it up with the power cable out of the DVD drive to generate the 12 or 13 error code I then swapped the IDE cable with the PC one after pressing Pause/Break on the PC and then I proceeded. I pressed 1 to go into the VGA console then xboxhd and it saw the hard drive. I pressed 1 again to prepare a new Xbox hard drive from scratch from which it first went to format the drive with success after a considerable length of time and then it went to rebuilding C-Drive. It also said at the top while it was doing this that I could optionally prepare the E partition since it is empty, but after many hours it just sat there and all I get now is timeout.

2. Sandwich1

Sandwich1 Guest

Wrong section mate. ;)

3. Markytho

Markytho Member

What section does it go in the Software part? Sorry about that and shall I repost in that section then or will a mod move it there?

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

well your problem lays in this...YOU DONT NEED TO FORMAT THE HARD DRIVE TO SOFTMOD....

all you had to do was use xplorer360 or similar program and dump the files to the hard drive, now your kinda SOL i think seeing as you didnt have your eeprom from your hard drive, chip is going to be the only thing that will fix it.

5. Markytho

Markytho Member

Well, I wanted to prepare my hard drive and stick the Splinter Cell linux and save on without a memory card so it wouldn't be softmodded yet. But in the process it looks as though my hard drive's got knackered but I don't know how. My other Xbox hard drive which I flashed with this method: http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Unlocking...rd Drive.htm because my other Xbox conked-out anyway I can't unlock again as I decided to use it for my PC and I can only guess that re-flashing the firmware must've made it so that I couldn't unlock it again unless someone can tell me otherwise. That was the Seagate one, but the one I'm on about is my Western Digital which I'm trying to work on though it keeps timing-out and unlike my Seagate my PC can't even see it any more. Why are Western Digitals so crappy and to add to that so bleeding damn noisey? I hate it!