1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attempting my first DVD-9 rip to DVDR

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Thurston, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Thurston

Thurston Member

G'day everyone,

Finally got my dvd burner YAY! I started off easy and backed up a DVD-5 I have. Now I thought I would jump to ripping a DVD-9. I went to the tutorial that lets you rip the whole DVD to your HDD and then remove unwanted languages and audio tracks. I removed the audio tracks and languages succesfully using ifoedit except now Im confused as to how to remove the extras. The DVD is Goldmember Region 2 bascially I think I should be able to fit the movie and deleted scences and the menu onto the DVDR however the problem is now removing the extras I cannot find any tutorials on how to do this. If someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Thurston

2. Thurston

Thurston Member

BTW I tried deleting the unnecessary VOB files but when playing the DVD through ifoedit and choosing the stuff I deleted caused the program to stuff up.

3. Thurston

Thurston Member

Anyone please help!! Ive tried searching the forum and haven't found an explanation.

4. dockonlin

dockonlin Member

goldmember is easy to do if you have 2 programs smartripper and spruce up.
    1) using smartripper rip movie (not full backup) select stream processing and leave the video file and audio english file ticked only highlight these two files and demux to a file then start to rip ensure that under settings max file size has been set to 9000.
    2)when ripped open directory that you ripped to - in there there will be a number of files - you are only interested in 2 - the .m2v and the .ac3 these need to be renamed to the same name ie gold.m2v and gold.ac3.
    3)start spruce-up up and select the movie tab - right click in the left hand side box and add media asset and locate the .m2v file you renamed earlier - this will take about 10-15mins to import when done drag the movie into the background box at the bottom
    4) select the export button (3) and change output to title set select a location to create the file and click write at the bottom of page - when complete burn the VIDEO_TS folder using nero or similar

5. Thurston

Thurston Member

So I cant do it and keep the menus mate? I did what I said Id do in part 1 and it plays in my PC drive but not on my actual dvd player for some reason.

Cheers
    Thurston

6. DVDPlanet

DVDPlanet Guest

Thurston,

Backing up your DVDs is as easy as 1,2, and 3

1. RIP
    2. STRIP or SPLIT
    3. BURN

Software needed:
    1. SmartRipper
    2. IfoEdit 0.95
    3. Nero Burning Rom 5.5.9.17

Take Care

7. WIN2K

WIN2K Member

i have one of the newer DVD that is lager then 4.7gb. would that be an DVD-9 or DVD-5 and it is also single sided

Last edited: Dec 21, 2002
  8. WIN2K

WIN2K Member

does anyone know why my VIDEO_TS folder goes from 4.5gb when viewed through windows exploer to 4.8gb in the Nero software

9. DVDPlanet

DVDPlanet Guest

Yes, 'cause Nero adds some extra files to it

10. DVDPlanet

DVDPlanet Guest

Yes, 'cause Nero adds some extra files to it
    Take care

11. WIN2K

WIN2K Member

how can i make files smaller before burnning, can anyone help me

12. WIN2K

WIN2K Member

when using Vobrator to view the VOB files i get and error telling me that it has failed to render graph can anyone tell me what that i all about????