1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attempting to run SNES9xTYL...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Law260, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Law260

Law260 Member

Hey guys I've been visiting the forums as a guest for the past 3 days. In those three days, I've decided to get a PSP and sucessfully downgrade from 2.71 to 1.50 to 3.03 OE-C. This forum has been lots of help and I wouldnt have been able to do it on another site.

Now I am ready to experience the capabilities of 3.03 OE-C!! My first attempt is with SNES9xTYL 0.4.2- Unfortunately, I am having a bit of trouble.

1. The SNES9xTYL icon appears on my game menu, but when I run it, the message 'the game cannot be found' appears.
    2. I have a snes9xtyl and snes9xtyl% folder within my E:\PSP\GAME folder. When scouting through the snes folders, snes9xtyl is much larger than the one with the %.

*An Eboot.pbp file is present along with all the other folders such as game saves. I'd appreciate some help or advice on how to fix the problem, and successfully launch a file.

Thanks in advance

2. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

try putting them in the GAME150 folder

3. johnc1234

johnc1234 Regular member

try putting the two folders in E:pSP/GAME150 , if you dont have a GAME 150 folder create it, then put them two folders in there. you also need to download some roms

Edit: was beaten to it lol

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
  4. Law260

Law260 Member

Oh schweeeeet!! Thanks guys its working now and I've got tons of snes games! Later today I want to learn how to load an ISO /PSP, PS1 games, and nes. Right now I only have a 1GB memory stick, but a 4gb is on the way.

Can you guys give an idea on how many ISOs I could fit on a 1gb card? I don't need music, just games!! Also, I read somewhere that running off the memory card will not drain the battery as fast (is this true?)

5. johnc1234

johnc1234 Regular member

well isos are around 1.2 - 1.5 gig at maximum, but you get plenty of ripped isos. ripping them lowers the size of them depending on the compression. if it is compressed alot it will be lower in size, but will have bits of the game missing, like the music etc. to run an iso on 3.03 oe-c, you have to create a folder on the root of psp an name it ISO, then you place your isos in there and you can run them from the game tab. as for the battery issue, im not sure about that becoz my battery dies out pretty quick

6. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

the battery issue is accually just a matter of simple logic. if u run off a mem stick there are less moving parts that the psp has to power and therfore, yes albeit a probrably minimal amount it probrably takes less power from the battery making it last longer

7. BeatsDude

BeatsDude Guest

What kind of psp thing do i need cause i have a 3.11 and i dunno if it will work or not