1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATTENTION ALL TORRENT EXPERTS!!!

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by stadly, Apr 25, 2007.

1. stadly

stadly Member

okay, so here's my problem. I use uTorent and recently just having the application open, causes my internet to time out! I am for the most part savvy when it comes to torrents and their appropriate applications, but this time i'm stumped. In addition, it isn't seeding. I understand that if it is seeding too much that may slow my connection down but it isn't seeding at all. Even when it does seed (rarely) it's less than 10 kb/s. I have DSL 3mb/s which I know isn't "FAST" but it is still sufficient. I have never had a problem before so maybe I messed something up. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Please get back to me at your earliest convenience.

Thanks in advance,

Stadly

P.S. I have opened the ports with my router so if that's a suggestion, please omit it.

2. stevexbox

stevexbox Regular member

in utorrent go to options then connections then under max global connections set it to 450 or lower and the number underneath it should be set to 200. Setting global max connections to high can crash router(not for me though).

3. stadly

stadly Member

but why would i not be seeding? is this a utorrent issue?