1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio cd's dont play track 6

Discussion in 'Audio' started by crowmen, Dec 28, 2007.

1. crowmen

crowmen Member

hi all, iv got a real mind screw of a problem here.

I've ripped and then burnt some cd's for a friend of mine. I used windows media player v11.0.6000.6324 to rip them turning off the "add copy protection" options.

then i used nero burning rom v6.3.0.2 to burn the audio cd, im using windows vista so i get the "this program has compatibility issues" but iv burnt data cds and data/movie dvds with no problem and even the nature of the problem makes me doubt that nero is the cause.

in total there was about 6 cd's, some made from the music ripped to my hard drive and others made with downloaded music and everyone has the same problem. they play up until track 6 then it just stops and the display on the cd player resets, like it goes back to what it shows when u first put the cd in.

it works fine on my laptop and my friends computer just not on cd players, weve tried 3 different ones, 2 mini stereo systems and a full blown stereo sound system(the expensive ones with a big black box for each individual parts like cd,tape,amplifier). also other burnt cd's made with another computer and official cd's all work fine

if i start playing anywhere between 1 and 5 then skip backwards through the tracks then i can play through 7 onwards aswell BUT i cant just skip forwards past track 6. it will display the track number then just resets. iv used 2 different types of cd and tried re-ordering the track list but its always the same problem with track 6.
    like i said earlier given whats happening i wouldnt have thought it was a problem with nero but if anyone can recomend another program for burning audio cds i will try it. or any other ideas for a solution would be great. thanks, Marco

2. dizzyduck

dizzyduck Regular member

I use CDEx to rip my CDs and use JetAudio to burn to CD. JetAudio is freeware that can burn CDs, convert audio to different formats, a multimedia player, and much more. CDEx is also freeware. Hope this helps.

3. crowmen

crowmen Member

thanks il give the jetaudio program a try and see if it works. thanks again, Marco