1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Challenges with NeroVision Express 2 (VOB File "Fun")

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by susan1126, Dec 17, 2004.

1. susan1126

susan1126 Member

O.K. I feel like I am about to go insane here...hoping someone out there can help me!

I have been through many trials & tribulations (see this thread:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/131906)

The bottom line is this...I had been recording a DVD+R on a Philips stand-alone DVD recorder when it abruptly shut down, causing the media to be "lost."

Using CDRoller software, I WAS able to recover the media in one humongous VOB file.

This VOB file has both audio & video, because I CAN play it in CyberLink PowerDVD. However, this software "hiccups" (crashing the PowerDVD program) wherever there were breaks in the recording (the 18 or so titles that were on the DVD+R).

The NeroVision Express 2 software (that came with my LiteOn External DVD burner) WAS able to break up the large VOB file into each original title that had been recorded. These are MPG files and were stored in another folder on my computer. These titles CAN be played in PowerDVD WITHOUT "hiccups."

So, when it came time to edit these various titles with NeroVision Express 2, audio WOULD play for ONE second, and then it would be SILENT. I KNOW the audio is there because it plays in PowerDVD. When I burned the original replacement DVD+R, I had lovely video images but NO audio.

In many e-mails back and forth with CDRoller tech support, I was told that by downloading the TMPGEnc software, I could magically separate the VOB file into an audio & a video file. However, my computer isn't liking the AC3 files.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2004
  2. susan1126

susan1126 Member

Bumping this up!

3. susan1126

susan1126 Member

Solved the problem on my own!

I used TMPGEnc to separate the files into audio & video files. My computer couldn't read the AC3 files, but using the free software from ac3dec.com, I was able to convert the files to WAV files and piece them back together with the video files in NeroVision.

So, I am giving CDRoller my HIGHEST recommendation in recovering lost media from DVD+Rs as well as TMPGEnc and AC3DEC. Without these programs, I would have lost this DVD that was so important to me.