1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio code tag 1 HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by allsop, Sep 1, 2003.

1. allsop

allsop Member

hi i downloaded a film and when i play it its says audio code tag 1 need to play it, it plays the video fine. where can i get the codec

2. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Have you tried playing the movie in windows media player 6.4? The audio codec your missing is most likely microsoft's ADPCM audio codec and im not sure if itll work with this type of codec but if you play the movie with Windows media player, it might automatically download the codec for you.
    If this doesnt work then you may have luck reading this article concerning microsoft audio codecs.
    http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...port/kb/articles/Q141/8/01.asp&NoWebContent=1

According to the article, the ADPCM codec is one of many codecs that comes with the windows 95/98 Operating software. Im using XP right now and the same is true for me.

If this doesnt work then youll have to download a codec pack which has this codec and the only one ive found that does is the ace mega codec packs, but these things are HUGE!!! I think i saw a pack that was close to 50 mbytes...So try the two methods first and if they dont work then id suggest getting the codec pack. Id like to note that you should only install the ADPCM codec and nothing else because you might run into some problems later...

Good Luck.