1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Codec Help Needed

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by boong, Dec 15, 2004.

1. boong

boong Member

ok im a little new to this experience and i have tried everything ... i recently downloaded the movie collateral in .avi format ... i think it required the xvid codec or watever but the video works but no sound. if i play it in windows media player i get these error details ...

"Windows Media Player Error Message Help

You've encountered error message C00D10D1 while using Windows Media Player. The following information might help you troubleshoot the issue.
    Codec is missing
    Windows Media Player cannot play the file (or cannot play either the audio or video portion of the file) because a required codec is not installed on your computer.

The missing codec might be available to download from the Internet. To search for the codec, go to the WMPlugins.com Web site."

the next page showed me this

" Codec Not Found

The codec you are missing is not available for download from this site. You might be able to find it on another site by searching the Web for "2000" (this is the WaveFormat or FourCC identifier of the codec). "

now i looked at the xvid area and it had something to do with FourCC, but xvid is purely a video codec ... right? anyway ... can anyone help me out?

2. boong

boong Member

nevermind case closed all i needed was the ac3 codec