1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio cue files

Discussion in 'Audio' started by wotever, Nov 16, 2003.

1. wotever

wotever Guest

i have a pioneer dvd 106 drive and for some reason when i try and burn an audio cd from a cue file the burning prog stops responding....i have tried 2 or 3 diff progs and always get the same problem....but if i need to burn a data disc from a cue file it burns ok.....anyone have any idea why?...this is driving me crazy, any help would be appreciated...thanx in advance

2. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

Open the .cue with a text editor and make sure that the audio file it points to is really there (same directory, correct format). You can also check if the cue file works by opening it with foobar2000 (audio player supporting cue files).
    If this doesn't help - what burning programs did you try?

3. wotever

wotever Guest

hi...i tried the foobar prog and this is what response i got ERROR (foo_output_std) : A device ID has been used that is out of range for your system.
    any ideas what that means plse?....the progs i have tried to use are copy to cd, nero, and burn at once...i also tried cdrwin but it said my burner wasnt supported
    thankyou for the help

4. tigre

I'm not completely sure but the error message sounds like somthing's configured wrong with soundcard / drivers. Do you have a working soundcard/onboard sound? Try different output modes (Preferences -> Playback -> Output). Do other music files (e.g.) mp3 play back flawlessly wiht foobar2000?

5. wotever

wotever Guest

well i got the cue file working with foobar so i guess the cue file is ok......this problem really has gotten me beat :eek:(

6. tigre

Now that the .cue sheet is working you could either try other burning software, e.g. Burrrn, Exact Audio Copy or use foobar2000 diskwriter to split (+ decompress if necessary) the image to single .wav files that can used by any burning program. (What format is the image BTW?)

7. wotever

wotever Guest

the image is 1 large mp3 file....120mb....i have the cue file so it can be split into tracks and play as wavs on my car stereo when i burn it as a wav....maybe i have to convert it to wav before burning.....i just never had to do this when i had a cd burner before usually the program converted the mp3 to wav.....by the way thanx for all your help i appreciate it