1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Cuts Out

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by booperq, Mar 9, 2018.

1. booperq

booperq Regular member

I just purchased the Samsung UN32M5300AFXZA 32-Inch Full HD 1080p HD TV (2017) recently and noticed a problem when I am using Philips sound bar. I have it hooked up using the audio optical cable and noticed for a split second *3 or 4 times* the audio cuts out from time to time. The speakers on the TV play fine and don't do this. I even have the 2 of the same sound bars and still does it. I even changed the cable but no change. Is this anything to worry about or should I have this serviced? I hate to send it back for a minor subject. Not sure what to do?

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

There are a few things that can cause sound to cut out to a powered peripheral. If the connection to your set is faulty or not full seated or loose, or if the wire to the powered unit is not properly soldered that can cause it to cut out, especially when there are low frequency vibrations shaking the unit. So the question is, does the sound cut out most often when there is a punchy bass sound? Another is if the powered unit is receiving a mismatched input to output ratio, this can cause the unit to clip. The last is overheating. Check to see if the powered unit isn't getting proper air flow or is sitting next to a heat generating electrical device that can cause it to cut out. So before sending anything back, try and look at how it's all working together and then try to eliminate as many variables as possible.