1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio data: Tag 26480

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by SiCritter, Apr 21, 2003.

1. SiCritter

SiCritter Member

I have a downloaded music video that I've tried to play on the 2.1 DivX player and everytime it has said "This file contains unknown audio data" and gives the tag number and how it is not recognized by the DivX player. It only will allow me to play video. I've installed the 5.04 bundle, reinstalled 2.1, I have the 5.03 bundle, I have the mpeg 4 codec, the DivX codec, and the AC3 Filter. So...can anyone help?

2. mwinning

mwinning Member

I had the same problem, it can be solved easily. It is to do with the security of Divx 2.1, go to www.divx.com and download version 1.x that solved the problem for me.
    They state that 2.1 will be getting the security upgrade shortly.
    Before downloading, create a new folder to install 1.x so you don't overwrite 2.1
    good luck
    MWinning

3. SiCritter

SiCritter Member

well, thank you but that didn't work. Now I know others have downloaded this same video from the same place and it eventually worked for them--but I downloaded 1.x and it dind't pop up an alert this time, but there was still no sound, just video :(

thanks for helping though, perhaps DivX will release the upgrade soon.

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

5. SiCritter

SiCritter Member

lol thanks for the idea, but it doesn't even tell me that much! Here, this is what it says:

This file contains unknown audio data.

The video file you are opening includes audio data that is not recognized by the DivX Player.

The file contains the following type of data:

Audio data: Tag 26480

You may need to install a new audio codec on your computer to listen to the audio. You can either stop playback now or watch the video without the audio.

there, that's all of what it says. *sigh* I'll never get it--but I will try and see if there is a codec I don't have yet!

6. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

hmmm, strange alright!!!

Did you try to decompress the audio with the newest VirtualDUB?? I read somebody fixed a similar problem this way!