1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio disappears and appears on its own! (Help Pls)

Discussion in 'Audio' started by IdleWild, Sep 19, 2004.

1. IdleWild

IdleWild Member

Hi
    My sound card has developed a mind of its own.It works fine but then suddenly it disappears for days.Usually a simple restart would work but now for the past 2 days I have no sound and no matter how much I restart or shut down the PC it still doesnt come back.

.When I access the the Sound and Audio devices,it says No audio device! In the device manager the following progs are listed under sound and game controllers

Audio Codec
    Legacy Audio Drivers
    Legacy Video Capture Devices
    Media Control Devices
    Video Codecs

I have Windows XP Pro and dont know what sound card or driver I have.

Can someone pls help me? I do have everest programme but I cant determine what sound card I have as it has disappeared and thus cant update my drivers

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

This should be in the Hardware section , I think ~~ smiles !

What's left is to open the cover on your PC and look at the cards you have installed -- the one where you see your speakers connected to -- is the one you must identify -- Maybe just a push on it , may cure your problem.

3. IdleWild

IdleWild Member

ok thanks :) and sorry for posting it in the wrong section:)But thanks for ur adivse and will do that :)