1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Does not match video

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Lokissonn, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Lokissonn

Lokissonn Member

Let's say i might have "backed up" some Video's i "might own"
    My problem is that i constantly get video that is not matching up with the audio. It has done this on 5 or 6 movies and i wonder if it's a common problem or if it's something i can fix using a different type of player

2. gatemaker

gatemaker Member

I am having this problem too. The movies are superb quality on my computer but when i make a VCD and play it on my DVD player the sound is about 2 seconds out of sync with the picture.Also the pic is crap.Could it be the media?
    I am using ritek cdr's and burning with NERO 6.

3. redhatman

redhatman Regular member

ok, I have the same problem with the audio and I haven't found a cure for it yet. But about the bad picture quality gatemaker, ... when you burn a VCD, that is the lowest type of format that you can burn. That is because when you have to fit a certain amount of film on a 700mb cd-r, it has to compress it therefore making the quality worse for playback. That would answer that question but i still havent found a solution to that audio problem.
    -Pat (redhatman)

4. gatemaker

gatemaker Member

Hi,redhatman, i don't compress it, i put it on 2 discs so the file size stays the same.Maybe the pic just looks worse because my tv screen is big compared to my pc screen.
    What progs have you used?

5. redhatman

redhatman Regular member

ok, ... back in the day when i burned SVCD's and VCD's I would find the best quality video i could find and then use something like TMPGenc or MainConcept MPEG encoder(i like that better) That was for if i had to downsize it a lot. But otherwise I had Nero 6 and Nero Vision Express. Nero Vision Express is a easy to use tool that makes good VCD's and SVCD's. The only thing about it is that it takes about 5 hours for a full movie. I say back in the day because i just got a new computer lately and I put a dvd burner in it so now i can make perfect quality movies on one disc. Anyway.... I hope that I have helped you out.

-Pat (redhatman)