1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Drive needed

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by TheBunny, Oct 22, 2004.

1. TheBunny

TheBunny Guest

hi, can anyone pls post a link to an audio drive i need?,its VIA AC'97 Codec Sound Driver for P4VXASD2+ mother board model, id appreciate the help, thx

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what windows are you using as i have the same motherboard as you do. running p4 2.4celeron on ECS p4vxasd2+. go to http://www.via.com.tw/en/index.jsp. go to download drivers to the right middle of the screen, select O/S, select audio, select Via ac97 codecs incorporated into vt8233,vt8233a,vt8233c,vt8235 & vt8237 southbridge

3. TheBunny

TheBunny Guest

when i try going to that adress you gave it sais that the URL is wrong or something

p.s
    i use XP professional(service pack 2)
    and i got to where you said, and it doesnt have the model i need(the P4VXASD2+)

pp.s
    ok nvm it all, got it thx :p
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2004
  4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Your Mobo has a VIA Codec Sound Driver -look for 1.60a
    - it is available here :-

http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/drivers_sound.html

Although , some of those boards , the latest one, have the RealTek Codec Sound Driver -- you can always download both and try them! On the same page , it's number 3.32

Good Luck

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper ![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2004
  5. ddp

jeanc1, via has newer version 6.14 as i have the same motherboard as bunny & also that board is discontinued , last update was for march 2003 for bios

6. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

If you have the [bold] exact[/bold] same board as your friend ~~ then you are the doctor !

7. ddp

jeanc1, got the manual in my hand, bunny is not my friend as i don't know her/him except on this forum & i am not the doctor!!(That's Doctor Computer Logic in Barrie,Ontario who is a idiot),i am still learning tho iam more hardware than software especially component repair level

8. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Am not looking for an argument in here ! My post said if you have the [bold] exact[/bold] as this person -- you know better !

But just for spite, have a look at this URL: -

http://www.ecsusa.com/products/p4vxasd2_v5_plus.html

These boards are still manufactured and sold -- I took the time to phone a PC Shop , and inquire before posting , they have 6 in stock -- 2 are old style with Via Audio and 4 with RealTeK !

Regards ! and Happy Burning !

Smiles.