1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio DVD

Discussion in 'Audio' started by cosmocrat, Feb 1, 2007.

1. cosmocrat

cosmocrat Member

I have got nero 7.7.5.1 installed.I wanted to convert my MP3 files to dvd audio playable on any dvd player which support mp3 files. For the purpose I looked at nero express 7 which under music-->Jukebox AudioDVD says that you can create a DVD with all your favourite MP3/WMA files that can be played on any PC or DVD Player that supports MP3/WMA files. I tried to burn a dvd with couple of MP3 files that can be played on my PC but not on my Poineer DVD Player which supports MP3.On clicking disc info I find that the files on the dvd are not in MP3 format and instead converted to ISO 9660 format. Obviously dvd players cannot play iso files. I have looked arround for any options which could burn in MP3 format but no joy.
    Can anybody help in this respect please?

2. undine

undine Regular member

I use Nero 6 and it will burn a mp3-DVD,but not all DVD players will play a mp3-DVD.Try to look at your player's spec's to see if it will. I have three players and the two oldest ones will not play a mp3-DVD.

3. Molder

Molder Regular member

Exactlty what undine says,

M

4. cosmocrat

cosmocrat Member

Thanks guys for your response. I think that my 4 years old poineer wll not play DVD-MP3. Looking for the Mannual supplied.

5. Platy767

Platy767 Regular member

I know you were after DVD capacity, but if you haven't already tried, a CD-R will still hold about 10 albums worth of MP3s and will (most likely) play on your Pioneer

6. cosmocrat

cosmocrat Member

My poineer plays MP3 on cds without problem. I thought it would be
    a good idea to put all my MP3s onto a dvd disk. I checked my poineer's manual there is no mention of dvd MP3. It is only mentioning about CD-R, Cd+R, CD-RW and CD+RW. MP3 on these media will play when finalised. I have tried these.Perfact. Thanks to you guys for your time and suggestions.

'C'

7. Molder

Molder Regular member

cosmocrat,
    You could still put them on a DVD as data and just use it as a back-up of all mp3s, just incase somthing went wrong and you had to format your HD.

M

8. nickberry

nickberry Regular member

FYI:

ISO9660 is the file system - on disk drives you get FAT, FAT32 & NTFS formats and on CD/DVDs you get ISO9660, Joliet & UDF

DVDAudio is not MP3, DVDAudio is like a DVDVideo but only sound (Like AudioCD and VideoCD).

All this and more can be found in the amazing AD glossary...

Last edited: Feb 2, 2007
  9. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

Most DVD players will only play MP3 files off a CD.
    Very, very few will do this from a DVD.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  10. Platy767

Platy767 Regular member

I see the MP3 support off DVD media is becoming a little bit more common. I noticed a couple of JVC shelf systems and a couple of entry level Sony components DVPNC66K and DVPNS61PS have MP3 from DVD in their feature list.

It wasn't long ago, well maybe 2 years, that I was looking for that feature in a replacement for my CD player. I couldn't find anything with that feature (and I was a little wary of entry level DVD sound while CD playing anyhow) that I went for a Marantz CD. Maybe next time.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007