1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio encoding problem with DR.Divx

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by moose5150, Apr 10, 2005.

1. moose5150

moose5150 Member

Hi,

I don't know if anyone can help me here with DR.Divx.

I am trying to convert some music dvd's to AVI with Dr.DIVX but I am having a problem with dvd's that only have LPCM audio and when I go to encode with Dr.Divx it won't recognise the LPCM audio.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Hi Moose,
    Get yourself the latest DVD Decrypter:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_decrypter.cfm
    Using it in IFO mode, enable Stream Processing, and select the audio you desire. Demux the audio to a separate file.
    If LPCM, you will get a large WAV file (typically 1.2-1.5GB)
    Music DVDs use this audio (as opposed to AC3) because it is higher-quality, uncompressed, and close to the Redbook CD Audio standard.
    In fact, the LPCM audio will be sampled at an even higher rate than CD audio :^)
    Anyway, I would make a very high-quality VBR MP3 of this audio, using LAME 3.96.1 and the encoder of your choice (I use CDex).
    I would then interleave the A & V into the final AVI product using Nandub.
    Nandub is available in the GordianKnot rippack:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_encoders/gordian_knot.cfm
    Hey lemme give ya a tip - lose the Dr.DivX and just use GKnot!
    There is also a more automatic version of GKnot (called AutoGK) that is more similar to Dr.DivX, except that it is open-source (free!) and can use the open-source XviD codec to produce excellent results.
    Ask back here, if you have any prob's. Good luck,
    Regards