1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio from HDMI AND Analog possible?

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by FLAWLE$$, May 10, 2011.

1. FLAWLE$$

FLAWLE$$ Member

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 and using an ATI Radeon HD 4650 through which I'm pushing HDMI video AND audio to my TV, then analog audio out from the TV to my receiver.

In order to accomplish this, I had to choose "HDMI Audio" as my primary/default audio device on my HTPC. This in turn completely disabled my analog (on-board sound) audio.

I am running HDMI straight to my television, but would like to ALSO have the analog audio working in order to:
    1. Run it to my receiver for room 2/ dual zone capability, straight from the PC without looping thru the TV.
    2. Not have to have my TV on to listen to audio from the PC.

Is there a way you guys know of where I can have BOTH HDMI and on-board analog (mini audio jack out) enabled simultaneously? It's been frustrating me for a bit and I appreciate any input!

Thanks,

Anthony

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. FLAWLE$$

FLAWLE$$ Member

Thanks for the reply attar.

I actually saw this link a couple weeks ago and tried it. I have the same issue as some others that replied. When I set the speakers as the default device, then go to the recording tab and "show disabled devices", all I have in the list is two instances of "microphone" and one "line in", all "not plugged in". There is no recording device called "Wave Out Mix", "Mono Mix" or "Stereo Mix", just the three I listed.

I tried this on my HTPC listed above as well as my laptop and have the same issue, which is Win7 Pro.

Can you possibly try this scenario on yours and see if you have a different result?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  4. attar

attar Senior member

I have 'Stereo Mix' ( no wave or mono) under the recording.
    It does work.

[​IMG]

5. FLAWLE$$

FLAWLE$$ Member

Yep, that's exactly what I'm missing, as a few other people were in the post you linked to.

I'd love to know what's different! Grrrr. Typical!

6. FLAWLE$$

FLAWLE$$ Member

Wow...so further research is leading me to believe that a lot of motherboard manufacturers are recently disabling the "Stereo Mix" option to keep the RIAA happy. Unbelievable. I think adding an older sound card with older drivers may help me. Here was my research path:

And after reading that long thread, here's one of the articles that resulted:

Last edited: May 11, 2011