1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio interruptions with divx movie on Philips DVP630

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by kemmel, Dec 13, 2004.

1. kemmel

kemmel Member

I'm having problems with the audio when playing a divx movie burned to a data dvd. Sound 'stutters'. At first I thought this was caused by AC3 audio, but a movie I ripped myself with Xmpeg has similar problems (ripped audio at 192kbps CBR (constant bit rate) with Lame codec).

Has anyone the same problems, or even better a solution to this problem?

(Have been reading several threads but could not find relevant info).

Regards.....

2. efishta

efishta Member

Yeah man, I just found out about this when I tried burning some DVD rips with mp3 audio encoded with LAME.

It could be the LAME encoder, but it's such a popular one that I doubt it is causing it specifically. My attempts to fix the stuttering so far include changing the default LAME settings to more strictly adhere to ISO specs as well as lowering the volume of the mp3. I thought perhaps it was occurring because of audio clipping, so I have so far used the "--scale" command with a .8 and .9 argument. (basically 80% to 90% of the current volume.)

I plan to lower it some more and test some more CDs with them to see if that's the problem. Otherwise I'm pretty lost.

3. kemmel

kemmel Member

Used DVD-Decrypter to rip Superman 2 and converted it to 1.4GB avi file with AutoGK. I have the Lame Codec installed, but not sure if it is used by AutoGK.

DivX's created with AC3 or 192kbps have the problem. The one I created with 160kbps works fine. Very weird.

Maybe my DVD player has problems reading the DVD-RW disks I am using?