1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio is totally gone??? Hellpp!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by zeebo323, Oct 10, 2004.

1. zeebo323

zeebo323 Member

Hey everyone, I just got my PS2 last christmas, about a year ago and lately (The past few months) the audio has begun to fade away and get very crackely. Now, the audio is completely gone. When I hookup the PS2 on a second TV in the house, I can just barely hear the sound, yet it is skippy and very snowy/crackely.
    Im not much of a hardcore gamer, I have like 10 games, lol, so I don't know all of the 'specs' on my PS2.
    The reason my PS2 is probably doing this is most likely because of dust, and my room does get pretty dusty!
    Can anyone give me a link to some In-depth instructions on how to clean it out, and if dust isent the reason what is wrong? Thanks!

-Nick

2. zeebo323

zeebo323 Member

I just looked at http://forums.psxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2520

And I think the Version is 9, because it says the Model No. is [bold]SCPH-50001[/bold] and it also says '3C'

Also, just some more stuff about it is it has 4 screws on the bottom, one at each corner under the rubber things, and my Serial number is [BOLD]AU5323455[/BOLD]

[bold] AC 120V 60Hz 93W[/bold]

I havent modded it or anything at all. Id really appreciate some help! Thanks again!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2004
  3. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

have you tried using a different lead?, it could just be a problem with the connector or a break in the wire

4. zeebo323

zeebo323 Member

Actually, I did some more snooping and found out how to clean the lens. I cleaned the lens and about a couple minutes ago I tried it and the audio works perfectly! YaY!! :D Thanks